z

Young Writers Society

Better poet

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:25 am
Wondergirl59 says...

Hey guys, so I've always been interested in writing, and I want to try poetry. I was looking for advise to make my poems better; they're not very good at this point. So I'm just looking for help. Thanks you.
Life can be amazing if your slightly strange

367 Reviews

Reviews: 367
Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:53 am
Mizzle says...

Hello there, Wondergirl! I'd also like to officially welcome you to the Young Writers Society; I hope you are enjoying yourself so far. If you ever need anything, feel free to PM (private message) me for help! :)

Sadly, I'm not the best poet, either. We can't be great at everything, though, so I don't get too down about it! Plus, I've never taken the time to learn poetry all too well, so I admire you for deciding to improve your poetic skills. YWS has some wonderful forums about poetry; I suggest you check them out. The first is the Poetry Discussion & Tips forum (forum73.html) and the second is the Poetry Tutorials forum (forum152.html).

You can also always ask a member whom is great a poetry (or whose work you like) about their style, tips, and such. We do have many great poets on the site! :) Also, google can be a handy tool. Why not search "poetry tips" or "basic poetic knowledge," seeing as you might come up with some great self-help sites.

In the end, you can also just read poetry. Buy a few books, or check them out from your library -- you can learn a lot just by reading other people's poems.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Mizzle
"Chase your dreams, and remember me, speak bravery,
Because after all, those wings will take you up so high."
-- Owl City, "To the Sky"
✯ ✯ ✯

My tongue must tell the anger of my heart, or else my heart, concealing it, will break...
— Katherine, The Taming of the Shrew