z

Young Writers Society

Causal Analysis Paper

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:58 am
HomelessPorcupine says...

Hey all!

I haven't posted on here in a while due to school, but I am having trouble with something. How would I go about writing a causal analysis paper? I've looked it up on multiple places online, but I still don't get the whole picture. Am I just supposed to say, "this happened, and this is why"?

That's what I'm getting out of it, but it just seems too basic and simple to me. I don't know, I could be over thinking it, but can someone please help me out?
"I can't afford a teddy bear, so I sleep with this contact solution."

Taran: He will not succeed in this. Somehow, we must find a way to escape. We dare not lose hope.

Fflewddur: I agree absolutely, your general idea is excellent; it's only the details that are lacking.

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:37 pm
Apple says...

To be truthful; I've never heard of one of those things in my life! But, I am guessing that you live way on the other side of the world and our school terminology are completely different! Though, I am not completely useless. From looking this up, I've found a pretty cool - I lie, it's not cool! Nothing to do with school is cool (HA! RHYMING). - site that may help you.

Quoted from: EHow!

Instructions

1) Provide an overview of the subject of your essay. Whether or not an essay's writer is knowledgeable about the issues being discussed in his essay, a reader's perspective must be considered. In order to comprehend the primary causes or effects related to a particular essay topic, a reader must first become familiar with the topic in question.

2) List pertinent causes. Pressing issues, such as bullying in school or hair loss among middle-aged men, may result from a variety of causes. Address only those that are most relevant. However, do not oversimplify complex issues by suggesting that they can be accounted for by a mere handful of causes. Rather, suggest to the reader that other underlying causes may also be worthy of examination.

3) Strive to distill the central idea of your essay into a single sentence. This sentence, the thesis of the essay, typically appears within the essay's overview section.

4) Supply supporting evidence. If possible, a writer should cite relevant sources that lend support to pivotal assertions of his essay. When preparing an essay, you may wish to use index cards to write down evidence from different sources. These cards can be arranged and rearranged while you organize your essay's structure.

5) Draw conclusions, and address potential concerns. When writing a causal analysis essay, a writer does not simply present factual information, but he or she also attempts to evaluate the importance of this information.

In my understandings; that is practically it. I've placed the link in here if you don't quite get what I am getting at, but otherwise I think that's pretty much it. :D I hope that helped some what! EHow helps with everything.
I spy!

Only the suppressed word is dangerous.
— Ludwig Borne