z

Young Writers Society

Does My Generation Have a Role in America's Future?

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:07 pm
Bella says...

Hi guys!

So, I'm working on this essay, and I have so many ideas, but no idea how to word them or express them (or make them the required 3 to 5 minutes long). I was hoping some of you brilliant young people could help me out!

The essay topic is "Does My Generation Have a Role in America's Future?"

I'm looking for quotes, song lyrics, opinions, ideas - anything and everything you have!!

It would also be awesome to get more abstract answers than "yes, because eventually the generation before us will get too old and retire/die, and we'll be in charge."

My goal here is to gain outside thoughts, to help me think more creatively/abstractly, and therefore set my essay apart from other essays.

Thanks bunches guys! Any and all comments are welcome!

<3

~Bella~
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

675 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 675
Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:55 pm
lilymoore says...

Well, I’ll try and help you by giving you the answer I would respond to the question with.

I do believe that my generation has a role in the future of America just as every generation has played a role in America’s future. But my generation has an opportunity to impact the future of America more powerfully than the generations before us due to technology.
Today’s technology gives my generation an opportunity to bridge social gaps that wasn’t always possible before. Connections can be made between people and societies that were impossible to form before. Anyone with access to the internet can have the chance to explore other cultures.
Not only that, but the creative and intellectual possibilities of my generation are boundless. Things that were unimaginable a hundred years ago, such as computer graphics and animation, are now being taken over by today’s generation, giving them the possibility to bring their own individual ideas and visual perspectives to the rest of the world.
Besides that, my generation has the opportunity to take a stand and give a voice to current issues that the world is currently facing from world hunger and poverty to the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
The possibilities are endless.

At least, these would be the points that I would focus on if it were me. Research teenagers who have done extraordinary things recently to see how they are making a change. The Pepsi Refresh project has several younger participants. Two that seem relevant here are the cheerleaders in some school who started a cheer squad at their school for mentally handicapped children and the girl who takes donated t-shirts and recycles them into shopping bags.

A few Google searches should be able to point you in the right direction.
Not only that, but think about things that kids in your community do. Even on a small scale, highway clean-ups and canned food drives can have an impact and they are definitely essay-worthy.

Hope I could help!
~lilymoore
Never forget who you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon."
— Paul Brandt