z

Young Writers Society

Touring?

Reviews: 3
Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:36 pm
Pritt says...

In a project I'm working on, a relatively well-known British singer/musician is on tour and performing in minor venues (music festivals, clubs, etc.) across the US. Would she and her background musicians be given a tour bus, despite her smallish American following? What transportation would her opening act (a practically unknown indie group) use?

Thanks to whoever has any insight on the subject. I don't know much about this sort of thing. :P
"The next person that offers me pity will be mentioned by name in my suicide note."
- Jeff Winger

:o!

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:44 pm
Krupp says...

I'm fairly inexperienced with these sorts of things, but i'm gonna most likely guess that if this is a garage band - or band that's just started out, not rich or anything - then their transportation's definitely not going to be glamorous or classy. most of the bands I've had the pleasure of meeting often leave a tip jar nearby their merchandise table so that you can tip them if you liked their music and play; the tips go towards their gas money. And often the bands I've spoken with have used different types of vans to move their gear around, and travel around their state or a string of cities/towns nearby their hometown, mainly because that's the most they can afford.

Hope this helps somewhat.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

Reviews: 3
Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:53 pm
Pritt says...

Thank you. :3

I think I'll give that character an old school bus and let her turn it into a VW-style flower power van. :D
"The next person that offers me pity will be mentioned by name in my suicide note."
- Jeff Winger

:o!

Who, being loved, is poor?
— Oscar Wilde