z

Young Writers Society

Group Foster Homes and the Foster System

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:48 pm
Katriona says...

I need help with research about the Foster system, and group foster home's in particular. I need it for a story, and it would be great if anybody knows anything about that. I have a few specific questions.

1.) If two 18-month-old babies were found with no way to tell who they belonged to, where would they go?

2.) What are the chances of the babies in the previous question staying together for 14 years?

3.) If there was somebody who was causing problems in all of their foster homes, where would they go?

4.) How long can people generally stay in group foster homes?

That's all for now... I may come up with more specific ones later.
Thank you for your answers.
~Christ's Servant

How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace;
that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation;
that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!
Isaiah 52:7

482 Reviews

Reviews: 482
Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:25 pm
Ranger Hawk says...

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "group" foster homes, but I do know something about being a foster family, so I'll try to tell you as much as I can. :)

1. Foster family, most likely.
2. Ooh. Depends. I guess if they were never adopted, they might. It would also depend on the family that's taken them in.
3. They'd be removed from the home and either placed in another foster home or placed with a blood relative. The state is really into keeping blood ties together, even at the detriment of the child. :?
4. All the way up until they're 18 years old. After that, they're legally not a child anymore and are on their own.

Okay, so I hope that helps! Again, I'm not exactly sure what you meant by group foster homes, so some of my answers may not pertain.
There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people:
psychopaths and mystery writers.

I'm the kind that pays better.
~Rick Castle

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:48 pm
eldEr says...

a) More than likely a foster home
2) Well, there is a chance, but it really depends on many things. The family taking them in, the availiblity of foster families, the social workers of the children...
3)Either with yet another home, blood relative or even a reliable family friend.
4) It depends, some children only stay in a home for 3 days, others for years at a time. Then there's always the chance that they're adopted. There's something called 'permanent care' in which the child is with one family until their rightful parents (or blood relatives) are ready to care for them again.

I know this because my family just adopted 2 foster girls!
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

Maybe our favorite quotations say more about us than about the stories and people we're quoting.
— John Green