z

Young Writers Society

Publishers and agent research?

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:02 pm
AspiringAuthorA..M. says...

Does anyone know a good way to find publishers? Possibly a company that publishes a lot of apocalyptic literature which is what my book is. Well, it's also part Fantasy, and Sci-Fi, and teen drama.

And, at one point I found a spot on here to post the names of agents to be researched by other YWS members for legitimacy or just to know if they are good, but I can't find that anymore. So, I will put his name here: Robert Gottlieb
Last edited by AspiringAuthorA..M. on Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”
-John 11:25-26

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:24 am
Rosendorn says...

I'd suggest The Writer's Market to find publishers. It's got them listed by genre. There are also agents in there as well.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

182 Reviews

Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:52 am

Is that website?
"Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:51 am
Rosendorn says...

It's probably available online. However, I've seen the print versions in the Writing section at the bookstore. It's a couple inches thick but well worth it if you're looking to publish.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

522 Reviews

Reviews: 522
Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:04 pm
canislupis says...

About Writer's Market--It's a book, published annually, with tons of listings. Helpful, but fairly expensive. There's also the online writer's market--you have to pay a fee to have access to it, but it is updated constantly.

182 Reviews

Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:58 pm

Thanks. :D

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:43 pm
PhoenixBishop says...

http://www.agentquery.com

That will help with the actual querying process, and you can find a agent by typing in genre and other such things to find the perfect agent for your type of book.
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

I am always saying "Glad to've met you" to somebody I'm not at all glad I met. If you want to stay alive, you have to say that stuff, though.
— Holden Caulfield