z

Young Writers Society

Pregancy test strips?

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:38 am
AspiringAuthorA..M. says...

How do pregnancy test strips work? How do they tell a person if they are pregnant? A character in my book uses one to see if she is pregnant. But I have no idea how in the world they are interpreted once the results are given. Or in what form they even are in.

I need all the help you can give.

-Adrian
"Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”
-John 11:25-26

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:59 am
OverEasy says...

Pregnancy*

They are essentially reading to see if a certain hormone is in your system. If it is, you're pregnant.
Life is for living.

182 Reviews

Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:16 am

I knew that part.
"Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:08 am
OverEasy says...

Lol k,

For some tests, the strip turns blue, others have a plus mark and the fancy ones have an electronic read out.
I'm not fully sure what information you're asking for other than that. If you could be more specific, that'd help.
Life is for living.

182 Reviews

Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:09 pm

That was pretty much what I was pondering about. However now the color thing is confusing me. Is there like one for a negative, and another color for a test that is positive?

287 Reviews

Reviews: 287
Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:54 pm
Moriah Leila says...

The easiest pregnancy tests to read are digital ones and basically they will have a display that say "pregnant" or "not pregnant". I would say the next easiest to read would be the one that show lines. For example if your character is pregnant, there would be two pink lines. If your character is not pregnant there would be one pink line. I wouldn't even mess with the color ones, as they are very confusing and often not very accurate. If you're really curious, you could buy a test at the dollar store and read the instructions that come inside. Just explain to your parents that it is for research so they don't flip.
I am not addicted to reading, I can quit as soon as I finish one more chapter.

182 Reviews

Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:27 am
View Likes

That's a funny response. But I guess you sort of answered the question I had about the colors. :lol:

182 Reviews

Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:27 am

A few minutes ago I suffered one of the greatest loses a writer can lose. Hours of work on my novel was lost by a combination of neglecting many chances to click file and save as, and the to top it all off a freak computer glitch. Tragedy doesn't wait, it strikes when you least expect it to. Like a snake coiled up in a field you never see it until it strikes. And sometimes it's venom strikes something vital in you.

-Adrian, turning eighteen was a truly dark moment

'Tis the season to shovel enormous amounts of watermelon into your mouth while hunched over the cutting board like a dehydrated vampire that hasn't fed on blood in four hundred years and the only viable substitute is this questionable Christmas-colored fruit.
— Ari11