z

Young Writers Society

Scalping

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:39 am
View Likes
LolitaRose says...

How exactly is scalping done? Not the reselling of tickets(which is all I got when I looked it up on Google), the removal of a person's scalp along with their hair. I'm aware that you just don't hack at it til it comes loose, as a friend said something about sort of carving the skin off along with the hair, but even with that description, I'm still confused...
Can anyone describe how you do it? Or at least link to some sites that could help? :) That would be great.
no second thoughts, the knife is nearing
you'll never hear the little pitter patter pitter patter

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:11 am
View Likes
underwater says...

As far as I know, it involves taking a knife, or in a more modern setting, a scalpel, and peeling off the entire layer of flesh, skin, and hair from the top of someone's skull. So, theoretically, make a singular incision around the hairline, or area of skin you're trying to get off, and using the knife/scalpel to get underneath the flesh, as close to the skull as you can, and loosen the skin/flesh. Theoretically. For an internet search, try looking for the scalping of heads, not just scalping. Good luck.
"I must go in, the fog is rising."

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:25 am
PeterHerronGunner says...

This may sound a little nasty but here goes. :cry:

Imagine someone who hates with utmost intensity. Then picture that person walking towards you carrying a intentionally dull, rusty knife. Then there is you, lying prone on the ground, helpless. That person comes and kneels on your chest, then, with a saw-like motion, begin to cut around the top of your skull (If you are still alive at this time, well, I don't envy you...) After that they grab a tuft of your hair and yank upwards with a swift jerk, freeing any hold the roots of your hair have on your skull. After that they either kill you, or (even worse) leave you alive. Then they leave the scalp in the sun with fleshy side up, to tan it.

Well there you go... :cry:
I think therefore I am...

-Unknown

With that logic, I don't think... *POOF*

I wondered why we put villains in our stories when we have plenty of them in real life; then I realized that maybe we wanted stories where the good guy wins.
— nogutsnoglory