z

Young Writers Society

Question About My Character...

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:11 am
Smiley_123 says...

Ok, so one of the characters I'm creating is a male in early 30's.

So my question to anyone who is actually reading this, can you please tell me what height would a man in his early 30's have to be to be considered "short"?

Yeah, the question is kind of random... But it's very important to me... So please answer?

Haha, bye!
"It's my Buddy Holly look."

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:51 am
Rosendorn says...

Soon as a guy stops growing, he'd be considered short no mater what his age really. Anywhere under 5'7" is short for a guy, I'd think. I overheard a guy in my college's cafeteria saying he was extremely (that's the euphemism) short at 5'3".

It also depends on the girl he's with. :P My cousin is six feet but his girlfriend is five ten. Therefore, he looks short even though his pretty tall. That applies in general; if the girl is almost as tall, as tall, or taller than the guy, he'd look short no matter what really.

Hope this helps!

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:10 am
LilyJamey says...

Short is pretty relative, so it all depends on the people he's with. If the crowd he hangs around are basketballers with almost Yao Ming height, then.. well, you know.

Caucasians and Africans are mostly taller, so I'd guess that 168cm could be quite short. I'm 5'3/4 (165cm, I have no idea how to convert) which is average to short, and thirteen, so if he's thirty I'd expect him to be much taller.

Asians are usually more petite, I think. Most of my male friends think that 170cm should be the minimum height for boys, so I guess 165cm would be short.

Or are all three kinds of bodies the same in average height? Either way, 165cm is definitely short. No doubt.

Hope I helped and didn't confuse you further!

Cheers,
Lily.
Got YWS?

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:08 pm
Twit says...

Michael J. Fox is about five foot three inches, and he's well known for being short. Same with Ronnie Corbett -- he's five foot, one and a half inches tall.
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:32 pm
Krupp says...

Heck, I'm only five-four. I'M short.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

Reviews: 3
Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:30 am
Laina says...

Krupp wrote:Heck, I'm only five-four. I'M short.

I'm five two and a half. Buuuut, I'm a girl.

5 foot 7 is about the average height for a guy, believe it or not, but even at that height some guys feel short because there are lots of other guys taller than them, plus quite a few women are taller than that. At least that's my experience through friends. Personally, anyone taller than me is tall, but under five-five is short, if that makes sense...

Random avatar

Reviews: 32
Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:01 pm
J. Wilder says...

I thought 5'9" was average height for a guy. I'm sure it depends on the country, though. Anyway in my group of friends we refer to any guy 5'7" or under as short.

Reviews: 3
Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:30 pm
Laina says...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_height

All that adds up to an average world height of 68.2378332 inches. Which is 5.6864861 feet :)

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:24 am
Talulahbelle says...

My boyfriend is somewhere around 5'5 - 5'6. He gets alot of crap for being short... probably doesnt help that I'm pretty much 5'7 and I've got long legs so I look a bit taller..... Yeah.... Under 5'7 is short... Don't tell him I said so though! Lol!
I go to seek a Great Perhaps...

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:27 am
MadameX says...

If you google "average height" and click on the wikipedia entry, you can find average heights for males, females, different ethnicities, etc.
[url]thelibrarygirl.blogspot.com[/url] Everything Weird Happens at the Library

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
— Mark Twain