z

Young Writers Society

"Moral Dilemmas"

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:17 pm
Lorrilrakest. says...

I want my story to have a really good, head-turning moral dilemma.

I know Jodi Picoult has some good stuff to read up on - but that's kind of the motherly stuff and romance slush fests.

I know, as a writer, I should come up with it on my own - but i mean, it's hard to come up with something that doesn't brand me as sick, as some of my friends call me when i think up them, or something that isn't gritty enough. :/

Any suggestions that i can build on?
"Who needs God when you've got me?"
- Jessica Sanders

"Didn't I throw you out a window?"
- Jessica Sanders

www.drizzlefilm.com

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:52 pm
Rosendorn says...

Firstly, we are writers. Our non-writer friends telling us we're messed up is an occupational hazard.

And, when dealing with a moral in any story, you have to be careful you don't bash readers over the head with said moral. You're writing a story here, remember. You are not writing a non-fiction book about this moral. You probably want to take a look at this article, written by one of the mods on here. It's about dealing with messages in fiction.

Pm me if you have any questions.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

here is the deepest secret nobody knows (here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud and the sky of the sky of a treee called life; which grows higher than the soul can home or mind can hide) and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)
— e.e. cummings