z

Young Writers Society

Miniature Art

197 Reviews

Reviews: 197
Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:42 pm
Jetpack says...

I've been having a look around the Internet for some information on this, but I'm not sure I know where to look. I read an article in the paper a while back about some artists who made tiny little models/sculptures, and I was thinking about writing about that kind of art. Unfortunately, I can't remember it clearly enough to research it properly myself.

I'm hoping somebody knows what I mean and can point me in the right direction. I need to know what materials were used and the method involved in this type of art, working on a very small scale. Thanks!

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:53 pm
DakotaK says...

Hey Jetpack,
I'm really no expert on this though I have an idea what you're talking about. People do miniature art with loads of things. Ripley's Believe it Or Not has many amazing "sculptures" and other things people have built of a miniature level (like with toothpicks, Popsicle sticks, or anything else under the sun). I don't know if the would have anything about it on their web page but it's worth a try.

Good luck with your research, I hope you find what you're looking for.

~Dakota
What is important is to know fear and yet take a step forward.
Rosette Christopher

Looking for peeps to review my novel:)

novel.php?id=1142

197 Reviews

Reviews: 197
Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:23 pm
Jetpack says...

Thanks, Dakota. I'll look into it. :)

EDIT: I was looking for the term "microsculpture", methinks. Case closed. ;)

Did you ever hear the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the wise? I thought not. It's not a story the Jedi would tell you. It's a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life... He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying. The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful... the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. It's ironic he could save others from death, but not himself.
— RazorSharpPencil