z

Young Writers Society

Drug Addicts

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:22 pm
Incognito says...

I want to write a story about a drug addict. But I believe I am having some complications. I have never tried or sampled any drugs before (and I am proud of it), so I do not know what the different effects on the human body be for first person. I do not want to write this with no information, so I am asking you guys what are the effects of certain kinds of drugs.

I have been thinking about:
1) Acid.
2) LSD
3) Cocaine
4) Weed.

If any of you are comfortable about the subject, I would appreciate your input~ ;)

~Incognito

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:01 pm
View Likes
KayKel16 says...

I'll help you out, (: I was on Google anyways.

Effects of:

LCD- The physical effects include dilated pupils, higher body temperature, increased heart rate and blood pressure, sweating, loss of appetite, sleeplessness, dry mouth, and tremors. Sensations and feelings change much more dramatically than the physical signs. Some LSD users experience flashbacks, recurrence of certain aspects of a person's experience without the user having taken the drug again.

Weed- Users of weed could have problems with memory and learning, distorted perception (sights, sounds, time, touch), trouble with thinking and problem solving, loss of motor coordination, increased heart rate, and anxiety. The long term effects could be cancer if smoked too much.

Cocaine- Short-term effects of cocaine/crack include constricted peripheral blood vessels, dilated pupils, increased temperature, heart rate, blood pressure, insomnia, loss of appetite, feelings of restlessness, irritability, and anxiety. High doses of cocaine and/or prolonged use can trigger paranoia.

Acid- Same as LCD, I think.

Credit: The Patnership for A Drug-Free America

Xd
"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
-James Dean

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:34 am
Krupp says...

If you're wanting to know personally what the worst drug of those four is to get addicted to, I'd bet my money on cocaine. I've known a few people who've had trouble with that stuff, and it never ends well. My friends described cocaine as "A sledgehammer pounding you on the forehead - but it feels good. Instead of pain, you feel like you can kick someone's ass. You're wired with elecricity, you feel untouchable."

Those were the words of a friend of mine. God bless him, he didn't mess around with that crap again.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:54 pm
runswithletters says...

yeah so i guess you could say i might know the affects of smoking weed. baha
uhm, it is not a bad experience, only whn you mix it with drinking, then you get really f***ed up. i dont know anyone who is actualy addicted to weed thought, we just do it to have fun. i have to say it is s fun feeling, and you dont have any problems, you laugh at trhe lamest stuff, and, well i in particular go crazy when i have it. lol i lost my virginity when i was high. lol.
hoep this helps

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:41 pm
Teague says...

FYI, Incog -- acid and LSD are the same thing. ;) Acid's just a slang term for it.
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:53 pm
Bloo says...

Weed: think spacey, and light. Usually pretty confused. It is different for different people, and each time though. Just mostly that.

Coke: think jittery, and full of energy. Crazy men.

Not sure on Acid.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:47 pm
OverEasy says...

If you want some first hand information, feel free to PM me.
Life is for living.

Random avatar

Reviews: 11
Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:32 pm
chamberlainj says...

The first thing you must never do i take into any mind what those stupid drug hate things say. I'm a completely recovered drug addict, and I'm not that old. Another thing is I'm also no fool. These are bullshit things they say to make you believe that, so if you want to write about a drug addict. You can not hold that to any standard or biased, I tell you now and I tell you truthfully and honestly. All that stuff they say, they say. That is the truth, drugs affect all people different ways. How much can you afford to lose?

Acid,When you think acid, you may not have ever been on acid but you know what it's like. Think all those things you've ever seen. Acid is not a super strong hallucinogen, it is a psychedelic. Don't think purple elephants and what not. Think of being one with the universe, think hippie. Picture yourself melting into the very surface of this earth, imagine swirls of colors. The most vivid colors you have ever seen, beautiful arrays imagine as if you weren't even you. Simply, falling into the threshold that is time and space. Numb to the world, pain and suffering. All is good, all is great. That is Acid.

Cocaine, I've never done cocaine but I know cocaine. I have never done any speeds. But I will tell you what cocaine is like. You're superman, the king of the castle. Untouchable, it's a speed but don't imagine people shaking. A coke head will be raged, and think they're unstoppable. It is a powerful drug, but I can't express it quite as beautifully as I would LSD. Cocaine is not how it is shown as, so I suggest you have someone express it to you who's done it in great length. Experience has no teacher.

Weed, weed is pretty much the less intense of all drugs. The effects of it are euphoric and at most slightly psychedelic. I have the most experience with this drug, it is the most socially acceptable and I have induced large quantities of it because I trust this drug. It depends on much is taken in and how things are that day. The type and so on so on, if you really need specifics and everything you could PM me I would be glorified to help you write this piece. If you actually gave some heart into it, I want to see from a non drug users point of view about this not just some garbage story. It feels like you are light, it can sometimes induce laughter. Sometimes but very rarely the feeling that you are locked in a position and walking on a treadmill. There's not much to this drug, it is exceptionally fun, however it isn't very intenese. It is both relaxing, and safe.

Random avatar

Reviews: 32
Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:11 pm
J. Wilder says...

If you're writing about somebody addicted to one of those three drugs, it's going to be cocaine. Acid isn't addictive and neither is weed. The best site out there for researching drugs is http://www.erowid.org. It gives pretty much all the information you could want on every common drug and some not so common. It also has a section with experiences (http://www.erowid.org/experiences/) you can search through. Some are positive, some are negative. If you read all their information and experiences of a certain drug you'll probably get a pretty accurate picture of what it's like.

If you're going to write a whole story about a drug addict, it's going to be hard without any personal experience. I'm not saying you should go out there and try cocaine and LSD, but you might want to spend some time with people who are on it. There's probably a group of druggies at your school--go with them to a party. As for weed, it's harmless enough that you could just try it once to see what it's like unless you are really opposed to doing so.

287 Reviews

Reviews: 287
Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:32 am
Moriah Leila says...

While I agree with Wilder's statement about it being hard to write something you have no personal experience with, I disagree with experimenting or even hanging out with people who do it. I know from experience how easily it is to fall into peer pressure, sometimes you don't even realize it is happening. Druggies, as Wilder referred to them, are usually over-paranoid and don't trust easily. They will make you take whatever drugs they are taking, just to make sure that you won't rat them out. It is a slippery slope, and there is too much risk involved.

I'd suggest you do a lot of research online, just for your own safety. Maybe you could find a recovered drug addict, who might allow you to interview them. Please, please, don't try to experience it firsthand.
I am not addicted to reading, I can quit as soon as I finish one more chapter.

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:02 am
underwater says...

Marijuana--weed--is a relaxant. It makes you feel very spaced out, and slow, like you're moving through molasses. I've used it a couple of times, but it makes you eat like crazy, so no weed for me (my hips don't need it)
Cocaine is hard stuff. For one thing, it's expensive (up to $100 for a gram) and is usually snorted. It's instant high, but leaves you craving more when you're done. To achieve the same level of euphoria after the first couple times, you have to use more and more of it, which leads to a lot of overdoses. It feels fantastic while you're doing it, but coming down off that high is awful. Tried it once, twice, three times, and made a friend drive me to rehab the next day.
LSD/acid is a psychedelic drug, and I've never tried it. I know that it was originally made in an attempt for mind control by the government. No joke, but I don't have any personal experience with that one.
A big thing about drugs is that they make you dependent on them. When you're not high, you think about getting high. It disrupts your life, and it's nearly impossible to get back on the right track afterward, assuming your addiction doesn't kill you. To some extent, you always think about the drugs. It takes a lot of will power to even take the first step toward rehabilitation, and quitting cold turkey on your own is nearly impossible. I wouldn't have been able to do it if it hadn't been for some truly great friends and a support group.
I won't ever do drugs again, because they ruined a year of my life. It's a bad choice, and it can kill you. Just say no, and all that.
"I must go in, the fog is rising."

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:27 am
empressoftheuniverse says...

I'd say Heroine. You get to do all sorts of fun things with needles and-- get this-- when you're a really heavy addict you can shoot it into your neck. You are pretty much bound to die, because this means that all of your other arteries have collapsed, but you can't get the same high if you pump it into your smaller arteries/ veins over and over and over. And it would be a sure sign of desperation.
But if you're set on those, I'd say cocaine. LSD really isn't that bad for you and weed is hardly a drug; I mean maybe in the way caffeine and alcohol is. I live in Southern California where, if you notice these things, medical marijuana is now legal and the little slips that say you need it are so easy to get, they sell it shops all over LA and at those beach-cities like Carson, or Corbin, or whatever that town is called.
The police even said that if you were growing weed for personal use they didn't care since its the huge shipments from Colombia that are dispersed by gang member that they're worried about.
And, of course, LCD gives you those great hallucinations but, from what Health told me, it doesn't have as high of a risk for coma and death as those other ones, and people who take it are said to be more amiable. So its a rather harmless hallucinogen.
Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart.
*Le Bible
Royal Reviews Here!

Random avatar

Reviews: 6
Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:13 pm
Sean says...

The most addictive drugs are crystalmeth and heroin without a doubt. Both are as compelling as they are utterly destructive - all drugs are, of course, damaging with regular use but those two are the most dangerous.

Random avatar

Reviews: 32
Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:19 am
J. Wilder says...

I have to disagree with Moriah Leila about peer pressure. People do drugs because they want to do them. "Peer pressure" is just an excuse.

Moriah Leila wrote:Druggies, as Wilder referred to them, are usually over-paranoid and don't trust easily.

stereotype

They will make you take whatever drugs they are taking, just to make sure that you won't rat them out.

I've been good friends with stoners and no, they don't make you take drugs with them. I've had friends who encouraged it, but it's just because they love it so much and they think you will too--just like if you're friends with people who love football, they'll encourage you to watch/play football. If you don't want to do something it's easy not to. Nobody's ever tried to force me to do anything.

Maybe you could find a recovered drug addict, who might allow you to interview them.

That's a good idea. Another thing you could do is go to an AA meeting. Some of them are closed (only for people who want to stop drinking) but some are open and anyone can go. If you don't already know any drug addicts you could probably meet one at an AA meeting who would let you interview them.

Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
— Mark Twain