z

Young Writers Society

Typical 80's Style

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:52 pm
Elinor says...

Well, I'm writing this one book that takes place in 1985. I want to know how certain people would dress. Girls, Guys. How would they do their hair? (Oh, and I have an American Indian as one of the characters, would he wear normal clothes, or traditional stuff)

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:07 pm
View Likes
KayKel16 says...

Ooh, I find these research posts very fun :D Anyway, here ya go:

Chicks: Eighties fashion for women taught us terms like jelly bracelets, jelly shoes, neon clothing, leg warmers, and Guess jeans. They also brought back polka dots, Preppie clothes and wedgies – which used to be shoes and not an underwear malfunction. Oversized sweatshirts that could fit a truck inside over tight leggings were the norm.

Not entirely helpful, but it shows what they DID wear during that time period. I'm sure of, duh you can trust me :D

Dudes: 1980s clothing styles for men included acid washed jeans, jean jackets, parachute pants, high top shoes and T-shirts. Unless, of course you were in the preppie crowd. Then you wore Izod shirts, probably with the collar up, dress pants and penny loafer shoes. And, let's not forget the baggy blazer with the sleeves rolled up.

Now that was helpful wasn't it? I'm sorry, but I can't find any Indian helpfuls :D
Credit for chicks and dudes fashion came from http://www.liketotally80s.com

*Check it out, it'll help!*
"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
-James Dean

Be careful or be roadkill.
— Calvin