z

Young Writers Society

Vegetarian vampires

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:44 pm
pinkangel54123 says...

What would you say to a story with vegetarian vampires, but bear with me for a little. They don't choose to be vegetarian. There are different species and some just have a natural aversion to human blood. Barely any of them are those certain species since they are rare. So what do you think should I keep it or just scratch the idea all together? Any suggestions?
Want a heavenly review?

GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:52 pm
pudin.junidf says...

Hi!! I'm pudin.
Well, the vegetarian vampires thing is "in", so everyone will like a story about vegetarian vampires as long as the vampires are flawless, beautiful, with shining skin and velvet-like voice. But I think that you can made an original novel or story with vegetarian vampires, you know with a unique plot and delopment.

so,this is what I think
pudin

Keep writing
Les sanglots longs
Des violons
De l'autonne
Blessent mon coeur
D'une langueur
Monotone.

Verlaine

97 Reviews

Reviews: 97
Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:00 pm
SpencerNolanRivers says...

I hate the term "Vegetarian vampires" because a vampire cannot be vegetarian. Blood from anywhere is from an animal, and since when do they eat vegetables?

I'm sorry. I'm a vegetarian, and I just don't like when people call it that. Try using a different term to diffreciate between a human blood vampire drinker and an animal blood drinking vampire.
House: People interest me. Conversations don't.
Foreman: Maybe because conversations go both ways.
House & Foreman: Like Thirteen.

Reviews: 3
Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:16 am
Moody says...

I think it would be too much like the Twilight series, but you could create real vegetarian vampires like the rabbit in Bunnicula and that would be more interesting.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:29 pm
sadbhp says...

well, everyone loves twilight so, why not? go for it! just try not o copy the twilight series too much! :D

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:32 pm
Antigone Cadmus says...

No.

No.

No.
Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?
nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
-Catullus, Carmen 85

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:06 pm
Lorrilrakest. says...

Well i suppose i like the idea of naturally being a "vegetarian".

But maybe call it a different name.

People know Vegeterian Vampires have been done several times before and think you just can't think up ideas for yourself.

But yes, the whole natural aversion is good. Explore it.
"Who needs God when you've got me?"
- Jessica Sanders

"Didn't I throw you out a window?"
- Jessica Sanders

www.drizzlefilm.com

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:12 pm
MagnusBane says...

I guess you could do it, but do you really think that you'll be able to make your story unique enough to stand out among all the other vampire stuff? Right now the bookstores are flooded with vampire novels, so unless you can seperate your story enough, I wouldn't bother. You're most likely either going to end up borrowing too much from books like Twilight, or twisting the vampires until they bear no resemblance to the original legends at all and should be considered a different creature entirely.
“Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” Anton Chekhov

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:13 pm
Chloe(: says...

I'll copy my post from the dead board called fantasy creatures.
I'm fine if the vampires don't drink human blood because it's just they're nature to prefer animal blood, then I'm completely fine with the idea.

But if you're making them "vegetarian," just because you thinking eating only animals is acceptable, then in my opinion it's not right. Since when have animals been lesser than humans? I mean, sure, it's a human dominated world, but that doesn't necessarily make us better than animals. Animals are our equals, even if they don't have much power over us.

And that's the end of my rant. Sorry...I'm a strict vegetarian...

Hope I helped!

--Chloe
Formerly known as Vivacious.

Full of Cliches:a challenge to see who can write a piece with the most cliches.

Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:44 am
Cheshire-Writer says...

sadbhp wrote:well, everyone loves twilight so, why not? go for it! just try not o copy the twilight series too much! :D

Not everyone likes Twilight, in fact you can find plenty of people who down right hate it.

I agree with the other pople who have said that calling them 'Vegetarian' vampires is a bad idea. KikiSaysRAWR! Has already said why.

Maybe if you didn't call them vampires, gave them a differnt name, because they are differnt from the vampire myth, a differnt 'breed'.

pudin.junidf wrote:Hi!! I'm pudin.
Well, the vegetarian vampires thing is "in", so everyone will like a story about vegetarian vampires as long as the vampires are flawless, beautiful, with shining skin and velvet-like voice.

Please, for the love of writing, realize that all story characters need flaws. It's one of the golden rules of writing. And please don't write a Twilight knock off, there are way too many of those things already.

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:59 pm
pinkangel54123 says...

Oh dear, no. I only said 'vegetarian' to use a common term. I'm sorry if I offended anyone. It surely wasn't intended. :oops: Another thing to add is my story is not another Twilight, or I certainly hope it's not. If you want to check it out here is the link. Luna 1
Want a heavenly review?

GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:57 am
View Likes
Lia says...

pinkangel54123 wrote:Oh dear, no. I only said 'vegetarian' to use a common term. I'm sorry if I offended anyone. It surely wasn't intended. :oops: Another thing to add is my story is not another Twilight, or I certainly hope it's not. If you want to check it out here is the link. Luna 1

oh honey. as long as you use a different term for them and don't make them sparkle i think you can handle it.^_^

Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:06 pm
View Likes
Cheshire-Writer says...

pinkangel54123 wrote:Oh dear, no. I only said 'vegetarian' to use a common term. I'm sorry if I offended anyone. It surely wasn't intended. :oops: Another thing to add is my story is not another Twilight, or I certainly hope it's not. If you want to check it out here is the link. Luna 1

Well I've tried your link several times on differnt computers but it hasn't been working for me.

197 Reviews

Reviews: 197
Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:15 pm
View Likes
Jetpack says...

Luna 1

That's the link. I had that problem earlier. Just thought I'd help out. Pink Angel gave the link with the words "url" on the end, so it didn't work. The link above should do.

Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:26 am
View Likes
Cheshire-Writer says...

Jetpack wrote:Luna 1

That's the link. I had that problem earlier. Just thought I'd help out. Pink Angel gave the link with the words "url" on the end, so it didn't work. The link above should do.

Ah yes thank you now I can get around to reading it.

I don't have much knowledge about marsupials.
— ForeverYoung