z

Young Writers Society

Good Books For Resarching

Random avatar

Reviews: 17
Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:22 am
ZakkuAlpha says...

I've been trying to read books that will help me write about my stories. To get inspiration and such. Does anyone know any good Werewolf books, Futuristic Romance books, fantasy stories that involve betrayal and revenge, books about the afterlife, dark/occult books which involved a promise for one's lives. I'm sure you all wondering what kind of stories I'm writing to need to research in those specific topics. Ask me if you want to know.

203 Reviews

Reviews: 203
Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:54 am
ofir says...

As it happens some of these are my favorite books.
The Night Watch [see the entire series. It's amazing. has werewolf in it I think, but it's also futuristic and is about really, really complicated plots that revolve around using everyone you can, has romance but not a lot of it]
Uglies [again, entire series, pretty awesome. Future + crazy rebels + revenge + love]
The wish list [revolves around the undead. Heaven and Hell.]
The supernaturalist [This is my favorite book in all times. The way he describes actions.... pure genius.]
I'll probably be able of more later. Please Pm me if you need the names of the authors, or anything at all, and besides, I want to know if you decided to read them or not, and if you do, it'd be cool to discuss plot lines and characters. So, nice meeting you. Hope this helped.
ofir
"if you were waiting for the opportune moment... that was it." - Captain Jack Sparrow

Random avatar

Reviews: 17
Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:25 pm
ZakkuAlpha says...

Thanks ofir,
I'll have to look into those, I haven't read any of them, except for the wish list. Thanks!

For in everything it is no easy task to find the middle ... anyone can get angry—that is easy—or give or spend money; but to do this to the right person, to the right extent, at the right time, with the right motive, and in the right way, that is not for everyone, nor is it easy; wherefore goodness is both rare and laudable and noble.
— Aristotle