z

Young Writers Society

Scientific and social aspects of a superpower

Reviews: 0
Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:10 pm
forces_09 says...

I am currently writing a story in which my male protagonist has the ability to control and alter any and all electrical properties that exist on earth.

What I would like help with is some of the possible abilities listed with this ability, possible complications, and how a female would react to these abilities being present in her mate (she has different abilities, but I'm concerned with emotion and potential attraction or detraction)

What would seem the most logical and useful abilities covered in this broad generalization of a power and if it is too broad how can it scientifically be limited and yet not disabled.

Thank you :)

Any other thought you may have on this issue that I have not asked are also highly welcome.
"Everything in the world exists to end up in a book."
~Stéphane Mallarmé

Random avatar

Reviews: 10
Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:04 pm
TheWordsmith says...

Well, as for the scientific aspects... There hasn't been an actual case like this so I don't know how accurate this is.

He might have the ability to control lightning. Maybe electrical things go haywire around him when he loses control of his emotions. Maybe he can store energy in general and transfer it to lightning.
Bad spellars of the world, untie! - T-shirt

Join iSpy! Click here!

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:35 pm
Lorrilrakest. says...

Is it an explicit writing? I'm sure you can experiment with the whole "electrically charged fun" aspect.

Maybe when he loses control of his emotions he creates black outs, he kills his loved ones etc etc

Or when he is in control, im sure there's alot of fun to be had.
Watch superhero programs and maybe comics, although im not too keen on comics.
I prefer Heroes because it's about very normal people and the interactions with their loved ones too.
Watch it, it may help with the technical stuff.
"Who needs God when you've got me?"
- Jessica Sanders

"Didn't I throw you out a window?"
- Jessica Sanders

www.drizzlefilm.com

Make your dreams come true. Don't wish for them, work for them.
— Lilly Singh