z

Young Writers Society

Homocide trials

Reviews: 0
Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:36 pm
TheBlackEyedPea says...

I have a collection of darker stories and my most resent writing project is going to be a tricky one. I want there to be a detailed trial for the killer as well as a step by step on how he was caught. I'm also not sure exactly how to write this or the character himself. Can anybody help?

Reviews: 1
Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:05 am
benedight says...

I think some important things to go over would be researching what kind of wounds/injuries someone would die from, and to base the trial on whatever kind of death you'd like. You could even try looking up detailed court cases available for the public, which I'm sure there's plenty of that somewhere, or just try making a logical series of events.

As far as for the character, you gotta make this person a well-formed individual. Someone usually doesn't randomly kill somebody. There's a reason, even if it's far-fetched, as long as you develop those motives and who this guy is you can get this story to sound unique and complete.

Hope that gives you a few hints on what you could start with.

212 Reviews

Reviews: 212
Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:26 pm
EverLight says...

I think the best thing to do, is to research those types of trials yourself, though you might want to read other similar books to get a feel for the genre.
As far as character development goes-give him a believable, human motive for killing, and I'd since he is the main character, put a lot of effort into showing why he became a villain, and maybe have him wrestling with his fear, or possibly guilt?
I hope that helps (:
I'm winning at life!

"I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
— Lewis Carroll