453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:03 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Heyo! :D

So here's the deal. :P

I am working on a story. And the plot is in Quebec, Canada. I have been there and I've been trying to remember specific details, especially about Old Quebec. By the way, I forgot everything about it. The trip was like, I dunno, two years ago? :|

But anyways, that's not the point. I want as much details about Old Quebec as possible. Especially if you've been to the restaurants and museums. ;)

Also, like I said, I'll give you points depending on the info you give me.

If ya tell me:
2-3 things --> 100 points
4-6 things--> 200 points
7-10 things--> as much as you want but it can be 1000 or below it

I really appreciate that you read this for me! Thanks so much and I look forward to seeing replies.

NOTE: BE HONEST, PLEASE.
*insert quirky signature here*

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:05 pm
View Likes
queenofscience says...

Hi!

I went to Canada for a vacation a when I was a teenager. I live in the states. We went to Niagara Falls and went on Maid of the Mist boat tour of the falls. We (me, my brother, and his girlfrend at the time) went to Quebec, Montreal, and Ottawa.

We went during the Spring. The tempature was comfortable.

1. Canada looked like a mini Europe. (I'v never been to Europe, but I want to go REALLY bad.) Building were built with stones. There were cobblestones in the street. Similer to Europe.

3. Real Maple Syurp. 100% REAL Maple Syurp was everywhere. It was infused in various food items. They even had candy that was crystallized maple syurp.

3 A frence inflance is in Canada. They had french food, like Crepes and more. French-Canadian is quiet big in Canada. They founded Canada in the 16th Cantry.

This just what I remember of the top of my head.

Here is some articals.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Canadians

https://www.britannica.com/place/Canada

https://www.britannica.com/place/Canada/Cultural-life

(Sorry if the above from Britannica is the same artical.)

https://www.britannica.com/topic/history-of-Canada
I am the science and science fiction guru.

The mind is beautiful, yet brilliant. You can think, create, and imagine so many things.

Eugenics= scientific racism.

46 Reviews

Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:07 pm
View Likes
queenofscience says...

And the plot is in Quebec, Canada.

This sounds ineresting! What genra is your story?

Oh, and I'v been to the Canada Parliament. It was kinda funny, because when we went there, there were a group of people in front of the building. Some were singing the Canadian Natinal Atheam. They were singing it so badly. I (think) that some were singing the American Natinal Anthem, too. At the same time.

The mind is beautiful, yet brilliant. You can think, create, and imagine so many things.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:22 pm
Lib says...

Oh, @queenofscience, thanks so much! I'll send of 200 points your way asap. <3 It's all very helpful, and I'm def using this information for draft 2.

The genre is mostly drama and teen fiction. My characters go to Quebec at one point, so I needed to know more information so I could get the details right. Thanks again! :)

46 Reviews

Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:28 pm
View Likes
queenofscience says...

Hi Liberty,

Oooh, teen fiction. I love YA.

Glad I could help.

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:26 pm
View Likes
Dragonthorn says...

Hello,

This is so old, but I'm going to drop something in anyway because it seems interesting and almost like hard work. I was born and live in a city in Québec, so I believe I should know a little.

This isn't what you are exactly looking for, but it might help---> First and foremost Quebec is known for its large French speaking population, while being surrounded by a sea of English speakers (Canada and the United States). Canada was first colonized by France and to this day the core population in Quebec is of French descent and speaks French as their native language.

Fairmont Le Château Frontenac is another thing Québec is very proud of.

Many dignitaries have honoured the famous hotel with their presence: Charles Lindbergh, Charles de Gaulle, Alfred Hitchcock and representatives of the British Royal family to name a few. Québec Premier Maurice Duplessis (1936 -1959) lived at the Château Frontenac during his mandates.

Place Royale too.

This is the spot in 1608, Samuel de Champlain built what became the first permanent French settlement in North America. Its European charm is set off by the exquisite Notre-Dame-des Victoires Church, one of the continent’s oldest stone buildings.

Similar to the previous, Basilique-cathédrale de Notre-Dame de Québec is the oldest church, and was the first church in Canada to be elevated to the rank of minor basilica, by Pope Pius IX.

Québec City's Walls isn't exactly in Old Québec, but it is very close, so I'll add it because it's interesting to learn about.

A decision was made to build walls on the sides to provide a better protection. From these walls, the colonists could spot enemies approaching from land, giving them ample time to prepare a defense.

Parliament Building is a fantastic work of Second Empire architecture. It has magnificent gardens, but don't forget the history. It's one of the oldest buildings with historical meaning as it was built from 1877 to 1886.

Another authentic historic wonder is the Citadelle de Québec. The Citadelle has been home base for the Royal 22e Régiment since 1920 ---> Along with this, the Plains of Abraham was the site of the Battle of 1759, so more history.

Warning: Dates may be off by a little as I am not that great at remembering them.

I hope this late information taught you a new fact or something.

-Thorn.
"Wherever you will go,
I will let you down,
But this lullaby goes on."
― Sarah Dessen, This Lullaby

453 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:36 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Aaah @Dragonthorn this is very late but thank you for the information! I've been working on the second draft on my novel so this will definitely be of use.

Thanks again! <3

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:15 am
Fishr says...

Montreal or Quebec City? You said Old Quebec, which is in Montreal, just wanted to get the distinction correct if your inquiry.

Next question, is your novel historical fiction or rather, what type of information are you wondering about? I have studied Nouvelle France and the Jesuits for a decade as well as a bit about the indigenous tribes.
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!
— Dr. Seuss