z

Young Writers Society

Board Games/ Tech Support/ Baking and more!

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:24 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

So I should probably have one of these as I'm older than a lot of you and while age doesn't always bring wisdom, it does bring experience! Here's a rough list of things I know stuff about:

1. Boardgames/ PC strategy gaming.
2. Meet-Up groups/ running activity groups.
3. Tech support - software rather than hardware but general working in a tech company stuff.
4. Baking! I bake a lot.
5. Snowman building. Also a lot a lot.
6. Asperger's Syndrome/ autism. I know a bit about this.
7. Moles/ mole removal/ skincare appointments.
8. Travel - I've been to Prague, Italy, China, Abu Dhabi, Spain (so, so many times), France and Germany. I can probably answer some questions for travelling or these places.
9. The UK - I live in England and have seen a lot of parts of the UK so I can help with setting/ research questions.
10. Ligament injuries, especially foot ligaments. I tore a few tendons in my foot many years ago and the healing process is a very long one so if you want to give your character a foot injury I may be able to help!
11. Buying a house (in the UK) - this is very niche, I know! Paying bills/ mortgage etc.
12. Owning a cat. They are cute. Also owning/ breeding budgies and gerbils, owning hamsters, owning a dog, owning a rabbit, owning a guinea pig and owning fish.
13. Event management - my company run events like The London Book Fair, Comic Con, World Travel Market etc. I've attended quite a few of them and help with the background running stuff.
14. Conquering castles. I did some coursework on it and spent a year of history studying them.
15. Poetry, especially structured poems.
16. YWS pranks. I realise I should totally add this one...
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

Owning our story can be hard but not nearly as difficult as spending our lives running from it. Embracing our vulnerabilities is risky but not nearly as dangerous as giving up on love and belonging and joy—the experiences that make us the most vulnerable. Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light.
— Brené Brown