z

Young Writers Society

Any recent fake news incidents?

91 Reviews

Reviews: 91
Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:21 pm
Kazumi says...

Last year, I wrote an essay about the reasons behind the dissemination of fake news articles and the harm it can bring to society. Here's a link to it: The Roots and The Fruits of Fake News.

Now, I have to make a sequel to it. I have to discuss how to combat fake news through another essay. Yaaaaaaaaaaay. My draft's intro is going to feature the effects of the Hawaii missile scare, which I'll use to segue into my thesis. However, it's kind of a stretch to call it fake news because the action wasn't really meant to trick people. It's not even a news report, either. I'm just using it to show the worst-case scenario of the effects of misinformation.

I'd appreciate it if you could share some recent fake news incidents. The newer, the better. I'd also like to hear your personal encounters with fake news, if you have any. I believe that fake news happens to us every day, but in not-so-newsworthy ways.

Thanks in advance.
top kek

364 Reviews

Reviews: 364
Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:43 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

Global warming was created by China.

**drops mic**

**leaves**
tartaglia, they/he lesbian.
i also go by skylar and reginald!
First member of the bio trio™.
victim of the writer’s block disease

91 Reviews

Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:14 pm
View Likes
Kazumi says...

gasp

I'm using that for my essay. Thank you very much Kara for your credible contribution. I'm sure that will strengthen my points like Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's rock-hard abs, and polished just like Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's shiny head.
top kek

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:38 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

Every single September, Irish media is flooded with reports that some type of deadly spider is about to invade our homes. It never happens.

Could you also look at how scientific papers are twisted to look like shocking headlines?
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

91 Reviews

Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:28 pm
View Likes
Kazumi says...

@StellaThomas Those are interesting ones. I'll look into them myself, but could you also link some articles you know about these two cases?
top kek

Painting is poetry that is seen rather than felt, and poetry is painting that is felt rather than seen.
— Leonardo da Vinci