z

Young Writers Society

what to do with a lovercraftian hybrid?

Reviews: 3
Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:26 am
ewolf20 says...

as a break from all that, I wanted to start maybe doing a short series of stories detailing a woman observing the by-product of an eldritch abomination and a human woman. he's only referred to as number 17, being the 17th subject in a line of other hybrids. the mother died giving birth to him and his father is unknown (although some say it's abbi-sahth, a giant bird-like creature made of dying stars and black holes). I just need to correctly portray the idea of Lovecraft hybrid decently, yet he has a father that isn't based on any elder god in the Lovecraft mythos. the main themes I want to explore is man vs self, society, and nature vs nurture. and the boy has wings which can turn into combat tendrils when threaten.

264 Reviews

Reviews: 264
Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:22 pm
View Likes
Megrim says...

Both The Curse of Yig and The Dunwich Horror involve Eldritch-human hybrids, so I'd recommend reading those to see how Lovecraft himself envisioned such things.

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:04 pm
Baezel says...

https://exoplaneeet.tumblr.com/post/172 ... lio-naidje

This post in particular suggests what an eldritch lovecraftian horror could be. (It should be the video of the... "frog" if I've linked it together.) I've got a few posts saved suggesting ideas for eldritch things, and I can look for them if you think they'd be helpful.

“All stories are true," Skarpi said. "But this one really happened, if that's what you mean.”
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind