z

Young Writers Society

Questions about Judaism? ( story/curiosty reasons)

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:24 pm
queenofscience says...

Hey, guys. :)

So, I was wondering if anyone could 'educate me/imform me' on the topic about Judaism? I want to know for my story, as, so far, I have two characters who are Jewish. One of my characters, I am going to talk about the religon more so than chacter 1. Most of my characters are Christin.

My story is sci-fic, takes place in 1982 in Houston TX. Many of my characters are disabled/chronicaly ill. One of my character is Terry, she is Willow/Brianna's mother. All three of my characters are disabled. Terry is blind from retintitus pigmatosia ( she can see outlines of things/ligh perceotion.)

Anyhow, I would tell you guys more about my character ( she's not my 'main' character.) I would like to be able to discuss my character/her religon with somone who is knownlageable. My main character is Phe, a humaoid bird-girl (Avyal) who has a chronic gastric illness. Phe is very kind, and is from Austria. She is a teenager, like Willow/Brianna.

So, if anyone is knowlageable about the relgion of Judaism, please let me know. I have questions/want to know more. I know bits about it, but very little. I want to protray things right... Also, heratage-wise, I am Jewish, but i'm Christin. In geral, I am interested in learning about it just to learn, and nothing more. Thank you, guys. :) Have a great day.
I am the science and science fiction guru.

The mind is beautiful, yet brilliant. You can think, create, and imagine so many things.

Eugenics= scientific racism.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:29 pm
Rosendorn says...

Here is a good place to start your research!
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Fri May 26, 2017 5:19 pm
Stori says...

Check out (perhaps not from a library, though) The Source by James Michener. It's a novel and a long read- hence my recommendation that you don't get it from the library.

The Source chronicles the history of Tel Makor, a fictional town in Israel. There are some interesting points made, like Israeli boys and girls (not related by blood) living together, resulting in them being less obsessed with sex than their American counterparts.

Maybe our favorite quotations say more about us than about the stories and people we're quoting.
— John Green