z

Young Writers Society

Any Arabic speakers willing to help with wording?

144 Reviews

Reviews: 144
Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:20 am
View Likes
GoldenQuill says...

If you made it this far, thank you so much for considering helping me!

I am currently writing a fantasy book that has ethnicities, religions, etc. based off of our world. I am trying to use portions of different languages, names, and phrases in order to portray this fully cultured feeling, and have been doing a lot of research as to such.

Long story short, I've been looking for a transliterated approximation of the words "sky arch" in Arabic. (It makes sense in context.) However, I would like to not rely on Google Translate, because I cannot copy the word or words to make sure how accurate it is.

I would like it best if, somehow, the two words could be combined into a single word that portrays something of the full meaning, as this is a word that's repeated many times throughout the book, and having a long phrase or multiple words may cause confusion, misspelling, etc. If this isn't possible, I completely understand.

Feel free to get creative (by meshing words or the like), but I would like your help -- as I am not fluent in Arabic and would not feel comfortable doing this on my own.

Again, I would like a transliterated word (meaning, a letters using the closest approximation of the Latin alphabet), so that it can be read and pronounced (if badly) by my fellow English speakers and readers. (Were the book ever to be print in Arabic, I would, of course, use the Arabic script version.)

Thank you so much for all of your help.
formerly ZlyWilk

Finally achieving my dreams. Dive into a unique horror story.

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon."
— Paul Brandt