z

Young Writers Society

If You're British Click Here...Please!

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:35 pm
zamy says...

Hi!

I was wondering how the first day of high school (grade nine) is like for you British people. I want to know what you do during that day. I already know how your school system works so you don't have to explain that, because I have the same system. Oh, and another question: are your high schools big? How do they look like?

Thank you so much!! [emoji1]

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:41 pm
Kazeybear says...

To be fair, all of these vary. On my first day, I went to form, got my timetable, stayed in form for Period 1, then continued the day as any other, following my schedule. Personally, my school is small, with only 800 people, but my brothers high school has about 2500! And I would say the majority of high schools in Britain are ugly post-WW2 60s concrete blocks.
We write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospect - Anaïs Nin
You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you - Ray Bradbury

Random avatar

Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:32 pm
zamy says...

Kazeybear wrote:To be fair, all of these vary. On my first day, I went to form, got my timetable, stayed in form for Period 1, then continued the day as any other, following my schedule. Personally, my school is small, with only 800 people, but my brothers high school has about 2500! And I would say the majority of high schools in Britain are ugly post-WW2 60s concrete blocks.

Thank you! (⌒ω⌒)
Last edited by zamy on Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

91 Reviews

Reviews: 91
Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:59 pm
burninhell says...

So, on my first day of highschool, we had a get to know the school day. So none of the other years were there, it was just the year 7's. So we were put into forms and stuff, got to know the people who were in your form. Then we were given timetables and allowed to wander around the school to find out where everything was. We had quite a big school, probably about 500 people in each year. So around 2500 in total. Like Kazeybear said, they're mostly ugly 60's buildings.
Then the following day the upper years were back in and we were left to get on with it, they allowed like a couple of days for you to be late for lessons and things (because there was a fair chance you were still getting lost and things).
But after that it was just getting into the swing of things, and basically like normal school.

Random avatar

Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:07 pm
zamy says...

burninhell wrote:So, on my first day of highschool, we had a get to know the school day. So none of the other years were there, it was just the year 7's. So we were put into forms and stuff, got to know the people who were in your form. Then we were given timetables and allowed to wander around the school to find out where everything was. We had quite a big school, probably about 500 people in each year. So around 2500 in total. Like Kazeybear said, they're mostly ugly 60's buildings.
Then the following day the upper years were back in and we were left to get on with it, they allowed like a couple of days for you to be late for lessons and things (because there was a fair chance you were still getting lost and things).
But after that it was just getting into the swing of things, and basically like normal school.

Thank you for the information!
Last edited by zamy on Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

63 Reviews

Reviews: 63
Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:35 am
Werthan says...

zamy wrote:Sent from my L500S using Tapatalk

I would get rid of that...
Und so lang du das nicht hast
Dieses: Stirb und Werde!
Bist du nur ein trüber Gast
Auf der dunklen Erde

(And as long as you don't have
This: Die and become!
You are only a gloomy guest
On the dark Earth)

- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:33 pm
Rosendorn says...

Wunderbar wrote:
zamy wrote:Sent from my L500S using Tapatalk

I would get rid of that...

@Wunderbar it's just an indication that the person is making posts from the app, and why does it matter? You'll see those crop up every once and awhile.

Please stay on topic ^^

Sadly, I am not British and just posting here to redirect. Move along!
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

News is not a game show. You don't win a car if you happen to be right.
— John Oliver