z

Young Writers Society

How do I translate correctly into Flemish?

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:39 pm
ofmonstersandmen1234 says...

I'm a Icelander having a major problem with translating stuff into Flemish (Belgian Dutch). There are no good translators out there for translating into this type of Dutch. It has to be Flemish regular Dutch is not going to work. Please help someone.
Preferably a Belgian.
[user][/user]

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:29 pm
View Likes
birk says...

What language are you writing in? If english, then finding someone fluent in both is going to get a lot easier. I'm guessing the percentage of people fluent in both Icelandic and Flemish is rather small.

What are you looking to translate? Is it minor parts of your writing? Or is it larger ones? Or perhaps the entire work? xD

If you only need small parts translated, then I might try my luck at Reddit /translator, as you'd be surprised at the quality of your answers if you give it some time and get lucky. Though of course, if you don't know the language, and the common translate engines won't help you much, then you can't be sure of the quality of what you're getting.

It'd be awesome if someone on the site would be able to help you, yet I'm picturing the chances of it to be low, as it's such a small, specific dialect.
"I never saved anything for the swim back."

Do not mistake coincidence for fate. - Mr Eko

they're selling razor blades and mirrors in the street

44 Reviews

Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:47 pm

Thanks for the help. I only need small parts of the book translated like certain phrases.
I'm writing in English.
[user][/user]

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:59 am
Rosendorn says...

Why do you want certain parts translated?
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

44 Reviews

Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:46 pm

I need certain parts translated because, in the last part of the book the characters are in Belgium. The main character has an ability that makes them speak any language just by hearing a word or seeing a word in that language. He hears someone speaking in Flemish. He starts to speak to the Belgians in Flemish.
[user][/user]

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:36 am
Rosendorn says...

Why are you opting for translating, instead of using a tag to show what language the character is speaking?
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

No one achieves anything alone.
— Leslie Knope