z

Young Writers Society

Feline therapy

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:36 pm
Stori says...

Hello. I'm at work on a rewrite of "Pure and Simple" and could use some advice. Let's get to it.

Rye is a young cat born with a withered front paw. Fortunately, she has Breezeberry to help her strengthen it- and that's where you guys come in. Keeping in mind that these are wild cats with no humans to lend a hand, what sort of exercises would she do? Thanks in advance for your help.
Last edited by Stori on Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The one thing you can't trade for your heart's desire is your heart."
Miles Vorkosigan

"You can be an author if you learn to paint pictures with words."
Brian Jacques

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:02 am
Kale says...

Well, for starters, chiropractic care probably wouldn't help since chiropractics focuses on the spine.

As for exercises, it really depends on the cause of the withering. If the problem is skeletal, there are no exercises that could correct the problem. If the problem is a result of the muscles having degenerated, then stretching and flexing and generally encouraging regular use of the paw might work, especially if the therapy starts when Rye is very young. The older Rye is at the start of the therapy, the less effective such therapy will be because muscle cells stop replicating around adulthood.

In all cases, the withered paw will likely never be as strong as the normal paw.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:22 pm
Stori says...

Thanks, Kyll. I used "chiropractic" because it's what I'm most familiar with, but I see I was in error. Changing the title now...

The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
— Mark Twain