z

Young Writers Society

Eve and Lilith is their more to it than the bible virsion

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:10 am
MichaelaBobbin says...

I'm writing a book and I was wondering if theirs any evidence to support Lilith looking after Eve and tricking her into eating the apple to open her eyes, or if their was a sister bond their. Or if they fell in love with an angel or were one person, also if theirs anything suggesting angels mate with other angels in heaven or that a light angel is bonded to an angel of darkness to create a balance. I havnt found anything thay I could bend to supirt my theory
M.Bobbin

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:34 am
Kale says...

Well, considering Lilith doesn't actually show up in the Bible, there's definitely more to that particular story. Just how much more there is depends on which tradition you are pulling from. Different branches of each of the three Abrahamic religions have very different traditions and beliefs. Some traditions deny that Lilith exists. Others believe that Lilith is the mother of all demons. Others believe that there are many Lilith, as Lilith are a class of female demons that prey upon men in the night.

Without knowing which tradition you're working from, it's impossible to answer your question.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:11 pm
Stori says...

And there's no such thing as angels pairing up with demons- or "angels of darkness"- to the best of my knowledge. Basically a demon is an angel who decided to join Lucifer's rebellion; they don't get second chances.

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:16 am
MichaelaBobbin says...

I know theirs no such thing even hinting of demon angel bonding pairs, but I read a good series were such a thing existed and it was a different take I found fascinating, that both sides that still resided in heaven seeing as God let them choose. I know their would be no evidence for my idea but was probing for any info that I could bend from other myths and legends and perhaps the bible to loosely connect to a plot line if I could, it would be nice to have piece of information behind it not just my imagination. I'm not really from a particular religion, I just want anything and everything I can get my hands on concerning Lilith, eve, and the angels from every believe their to sort through, how I link them can be completely different. :)
Thanks for your help
M.Bobbin

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:34 pm
Rubric says...

Have you considered using other mythologies? You can even "re-skin" them with angelic symbolism. Hindu Devas/Rakshasa would also provide a bit of the dualism you're talking about, as would Zoroastrian Angels/Daeva.

I don't think the ideas you're looking for will have much to do with mainstream representations of the Abrahamaic faiths. It might be wiser to find the structure you're looking for elsewhere and to change the descriptions to match the vibe you're after.
So you're going to kill a god. Sure. But what happens next?

Diary of a Deicide, Part One.

Got YWS?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:57 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

I would strongly suggest not to "reskin" other mythologies/religions to fit what you're looking for, because that is highly disrespectful towards those religions. World religions don't exist for you to cherry pick what you like without considering their greater context.

Beings like Devas and Rakshasa are not interchangeable with angels and demons. They're similar, yes, but they're not the same and if you simply take them as, say, extra flavour in the world, then you're reinforcing the idea that these religions don't have the depth they do.

I keep using the word "religion" because Hinduism is a living, breathing ethno-religious group that is among the largest religions in the world and if you simply take from that mythology you're greatly impacting (and hurting) real people. Zoroastrianism is also still living and breathing, with strong cultural ties in the same region as Hinduism.

The rest of the world does not exist for you to take symbolism from. If you are going to use Hinduism or Zoroastrianism, you have to do your research to properly represent them. This applies to nearly all religions and mythologies, if not absolutely all of them.

When you're dealing with Christianity, you have a little more wiggle room because it's so well known you can find correct information basically anywhere and adapting the concepts to fit fiction really doesn't hurt the group much. It's also so ubiquitous that most people have some understanding of the correct form of the religion. Even then, Christianity has more twists and turns in it than you can imagine which means that there is both modern and ancient practices that are, again, based on cultural context that have changed over time.

With most other world religions, you cannot find correct information easily and the incorrect information— misconstrued because nobody bothers to take their full context and just goes "oh this is cool"— is absolutely everywhere.

In regards to your question. It is physically impossible to give "any and all" information in regards to Lilith and Eve, because of the aforementioned twists and turns. Kyll said you have to pic a sect, or at least give more context, because there is too much information to summarize.

So really, your question is too broad to answer. You'll have to be more specific.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:16 pm
Zolen says...

Stori wrote:And there's no such thing as angels pairing up with demons- or "angels of darkness"- to the best of my knowledge. Basically a demon is an angel who decided to join Lucifer's rebellion; they don't get second chances.

Note that demons can re-produce with just about anything, no matter its shape or size, as long as its alive, however angels seem quite limited in comparison, and require uniquely pure beings of a similar species. As demons don't get second chances, as we mentioned, I doubt there exist a demon pure enough for a angel. (So sort of like how humans can only re-produce with other humans)

This information is however speculations made by a priest I know. I know nothing of christian mythology personally.
Self quoting is the key to sounding wise and all knowing.

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:26 pm
View Likes
Kale says...

Basically, @MichaelaBobbin, what you're asking for is someone to do all the research for you. That isn't going to happen because 1) it's an insane amount of work to do for a project that isn't our own, 2) we don't know the nuances of what you're looking for or what might inspire you, and 3) what you have asked for is so broad in scope it's hard to know where to start when it comes to explaining things.

I strongly recommend that you do your own preliminary research into this topic. There is a lot of information available on the internet, and a whole lot more available in books, that you can find with just a basic Google search.

If you have already done the preliminary research and need some clarification or help finding other sources, then we can help.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

Live your life how you want, but don't confuse drama with happiness.
— Ron, Parks & Rec