z

Young Writers Society

Faeries, Faerie magic, and the realm of Faerie

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:18 am
micamouth says...

Hi YWS,

I am writing a series focusing on the adventures of a certain group of faeries, technically Changelings.

If anyone has any celtic (Welsh, Scottish, Irish, Cornish, Bretton) songs, legends, myths and general information about faeries, please post it here!
formerly Sagitta

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:49 pm
Kale says...

Ask and you shall receive:

http://www.pitt.edu/~dash/britchange.html

That's basically a list of a bunch of literature on changelings specifically. Have fun!
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

30 Reviews

Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:55 pm
micamouth says...

Ahaha! I knew it!

Thanks Kyllorac! I'll be reading that thoroughly.
formerly Sagitta

475 Reviews

Reviews: 475
Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:18 am
Apricity says...

I went through a supernatural phase in late 2012 to the start of 2013 and many of them involed faeries. Kyll's given you a great list of traditional faerie legends, I'm not exactly sure about the setting of your story (is it Medieval or Modern?).

I'm actually going to suggest a list of books that contain faeries in the modern setting. Most of them are changelings.

This is a list of faerie books in a modern setting, most of these contain a concept similar to yours. If you have time, pick one up as they do contain a lot of information about the fair folk in general, the names they go by and you can be aware of the different plot devices and concepts these authors have used.

This gives you a summary of the legend of the fae, the various names people have called them, the different courts and classes.
Best of luck with your story!
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

30 Reviews

Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:05 pm
micamouth says...

Thank you Flite - they look quite interesting!
formerly Sagitta

"It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves."
— William Shakespeare