z

Young Writers Society

Guidelines needed for writing

Reviews: 3
Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:07 pm
Ayesha92 says...

Hello,

I am new to this forum. I use to write fictions, but now I need a break from fictions so thought to go something for non-fiction. Well i just need some guidelines regarding the topic I am going to write. I want to write about of "LIFE". How I see the life! what are the phases of life and how people go through it! Different types of people and when we meet them how our life changes! In short, meaning of life through my eyes! How i see it!
Well, its not an autobiography because i wont be describing the phases and events of my life, But I will be relating it to indirectly by giving examples! (e.g, when this situation hit me , what was my reaction)
Title of this piece of writing will be "LIFE IS RAINBOW"

So, basically I want to know what form of writing it will be? Its descriptive, non-fictional! I m confused! :?
I have so many points in my mind to write that I think it may turn into a book! I really need some good points as it is very important topic to write on.

I will be waiting for the reply!
Thanks !
Keep Smiling! :)
"LIFE IS RAINBOW"

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:38 pm
View Likes
Kale says...

There's a huge amount of variety in nonfiction, and so long as what you're writing isn't made up, then you'll be writing nonfiction.

Travelogues, for example, tend to be very descriptive and introspective because the entire purpose of a travelogue is to describe the travels and how the traveler felt about them so that the reader feels like they are traveling along with the traveler.

What you seem to be aiming for is a type of creative nonfiction, which is known for being a bit more literary than a journal because, unlike journals, they're intended to be read by other people. Creative nonfiction has a lot of the same subject matter as journals, such as personal musings, but it's presented a bit differently: the main difference is that creative nonfiction is a lot more structured and better organized than a journal. Since journals are more personal records, they don't need to have logical organization or an overarching progression of ideas like creative nonfiction does.

My advice would be to just write it out. It will probably come out as more of a journal than anything else in the first draft, but you can always revise and polish the piece until you wind up with a piece of creative nonfiction that resonates with others. In other words, don't worry too much about the "proper" way to write what you have in mind because you can always (and probably will) change things to make the piece better.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

Reviews: 3
Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:13 am
Ayesha92 says...

Hey Kyllorac,

Thanks alot for the amazing piece of suggestions!
I will make sure to keep those points in mind once I start writing!
Keep smiling! :)
"LIFE IS RAINBOW"

huh. didn't realize santa was a batman fan-
— Mageheart