z

Young Writers Society

Assassins!

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:12 pm
Aquareed says...

So the story I'm writing features a coven of witches, who do a lot of physical training, so the older ones have assassin-like powers. I'm having problems writing the training scenes for the new recruit - I have no idea what sort of training makes assassins! If anyone knows any helpful resources, would be much appreciated :)

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:42 pm
Lefty says...

Hi, there! I don't know a lot about assassin training but one of my favorite tv shows is Nikita, which is literally about a secret branch of the government that takes people from prison and teaches them how to become assassins. Here are a few of the things they show when it comes to training:

Hand to hand combat (as well as punching bags and staff fighting), learning how to hack, learning how to speak different language, shooting guns, disarming bombs, learning how to follow a trail (like a paper trail to someone) and self defense. They also had some team simulations for learning to be in the field with guns, although for those, the guns paintball guns or something. Hope this helped!

-Lefty
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:25 pm
Rosendorn says...

My biggest question for you is what type of assassin are you talking about.

Assassins actually have a multitude of skills and you can have everything from poisoners to long range hitmen to close quarters hitmen. Pop culture has kind of really twisted the idea of "assassin" into its own class of superhuman, but in reality assassins were a pretty varied bunch. You have everything from assassins who started in childhood (ninja) to those who only really did it for one particular target.

Some training gets to be dangerous or near impossible the older you get, so the age of the new recruit is also important.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

“I am not worried, Harry," said Dumbledore, his voice a little stronger despite the freezing water. "I am with you.”
— Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince