z

Young Writers Society

Response to an Unorthodox Review... ?

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:57 pm
r4p17 says...

So, this afternoon I opened up YWS and saw that someone had reviewed a chapter I had recently posted. Naturally, I clicked on it to see what they said. The long and short of it is that they literally copied and pasted my entire chapter and then rewrote it... At first I was just stunned and confused. I am still trying to figure out what I should say in response. At first I thought I would say that it was a cheap way to get points, but now I am not so sure. If you are reading this please let me know what you think I should say in response to them. I would like to get multiple opinions, especially from mods, before responding. Advice is much appreciated!

Thanks!
One writer with one imagination makes thousands of new worlds and stories." ~ Anonymous author

175 Reviews

Reviews: 175
Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:58 pm
View Likes
Harker says...

I'm not a mod, and I'm very new... but if I were in your position, I would PM them and ask about this.

Wait.

It turns out they've posted your chapter as reviews on other stories!!!

Look here (scroll down):

profile/maho/reviews

Also, here. Werething - Chapter 2

Contact mods about this.
John. Queer guy, writer, fan of stuff.

~ Some men are born in their bodies, others have to fight for it. ~

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:13 pm
lostthought says...

I don't think you should respond if they just copied and pasted your story. That member either is very lazy/irresponsible or they really want points. Whichever it is, you should report them quickly.
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts

179 Reviews

Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:20 pm
r4p17 says...

They rewrote it too, lost.

@IronSpark I will!
One writer with one imagination makes thousands of new worlds and stories." ~ Anonymous author

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:59 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

It would help quite a lot if you provided some direct links.

From what I understand, they actually didn't provide any feedback but instead rewrote the work to suit their own liking?
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

179 Reviews

Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:01 pm
r4p17 says...

I have resolved the issue now. Their review was deleted.

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:57 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

For future reference, and this goes for everyone: whenever you're unsure whether what someone posted counts as a spam review or not, contact a moderator anyway with the link to the said review. We'll see the matter to get properly resolved then and contact/delete/etc if necessary. c:
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

179 Reviews

Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:16 am
r4p17 says...

Alright. I wasn't exactly sure what to do... but I will do that in the future.

1272 Reviews

Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:59 am
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Yeah, that's what we're here for. Don't be afraid to ask us if you have any questions about rules or policy, or if something really weirds you out.

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Reviews: 0
Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:02 am
posh says...

thats a shame for them, being a writer is not about coping and pasting another writers post.. :evil:
Hey, Always be Happy :D

1272 Reviews

Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:29 am
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Locked because the topic has been thoroughly addressed.

Monster is a relative term. To a canary, a cat is a monster. We're just used to being the cat.
— Henry Wu, "Jurassic World"