z

Young Writers Society

Essay Tips

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:55 am
GDrama97 says...

I have to write an analytical essay in an exam and am wanting some tips of how to write a good essay to an unseen question.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:09 am
Rosendorn says...

1- Break the question down into parts. If you are asked to do X, Y and Z, you had better make sure you cover X, Y and Z.

2- Read the question before reading whatever you have to analyze. Then, as you're reading, make note of everything that relates to the question; this will give you more time to write

3- Outline in a checklist. Make sure you cover everything that is required you cover, including any citations you need to do. Then you can work the citations into your arguments easier.

4- Make sure you have your own opinion shining in the piece. An analytical essay is, after all, your analysis of the work. Get a good thesis statement that is your opinion and work from there.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

508 Reviews

Reviews: 508
Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:41 pm
dragonfphoenix says...

*sees that Rosey's been here*

Three major steps to consider in addition to Rosey's advice.

I. Remain calm.
II. Remember you are capable of writing.
III. Sketch a brief outline of your thoughts to see what can be organized together (I think Rosey's comment was similar but not worded like that).
D.F.P., Knight Dragon

constant state of confuzzle
— Quillfeather