z

Young Writers Society

Surrounded by fish.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:06 am
View Likes
NewHope says...

I know this is a classic scene in underwater films, being with the fish and the whales etc. but I can't find anything online that describes the experience. I'd be eternally grateful if you would describe this beautiful event for me.
Swan Queen's little sister in-law/caretaker since 2022

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:37 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

You say the word fish, I must come. It’s the law.

The water is cool and crisp and swirls around you. The weight of the water presses against your sternum, reminding you each breath is a gift. It’s clear down here. The ocean stretches out for you for miles in each direction, a glass curtain draped across you and all the other creatures down here.

You see flashes of colors all around you. Bright yellow angelfish; brilliant orange clownfish; rich blue tangs. They dart around you as you cut through their fishy schools, disturbed from their lessons by your interference as you learn wonders of your own. Sea turtles glide gracefully overhead; and in the distance you see the lumbering gentle giant of a great blue whale — larger than the biggest animal you’ve ever seen in your life.

You feel the bubbles in the water tickle your face; and your hands trail the length of a piece of seaweed as you sink towards the vibrant corral bed stretching out beneath you nearly as far as the eye can see.

(I can’t be bothered to double check whether all these animals live in the same zone or the ocean lol but you get the gist)

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:39 pm
View Likes
NewHope says...

Thank you! Finally an answer!

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:46 pm
Shady says...

You’re welcome!

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

If I loved you less, I might be able to talk about it more.
— Jane Austen