4100 Reviews

Reviews: 4100
Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:32 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Thank you @JustPerks
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

4100 Reviews

Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:36 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Day 26

Daily Word Count

4,909/0

Remaining Word Count for Target

Total Word Count of Story

Favorite out of context quote for the day:

"Eat my fishnets, Lilith.“

“I have met tarantulas with better dispositions than you."

"Right. Because apparently you're the entire Greek pantheon."

“ You're going to give me a stroke."

"Oh please don't. I don't have my camera out yet."

"I see you've taken away my shoes."

Favorite excerpt of the day:

Spoiler! :
I still remember the day Lilith left. I was nine, embroidering something on the rug in the kitchen. I didn't have a worry in the world. The fall of Rome meant nothing to me. I had never met someone outside of my family of three. What business did I have to care about the outside?

My entire life changed when my father, Aeodus, walked into the kitchen, his hands curled into fists.

I sat up, setting my project aside. In Latin, my mother tongue, I asked him, "What's wrong?"

He didn't reply,just growling in response.

I stood up, folding my hands against my chest. "Pater?" Father? "What's wrong?"

"Your mother," he growled, punching the nearest surface.

I flinched. "Is she hurt?"

"She better be," he growled.

I shook my head. "No. How could you say that?"

"Its the least she deserves."

I cautiously walked closer to him. "Why? What did she do that makes being hurt good?"

"She left us."

My breath hitched. "What?"

"Left. Pursuing her dreams or whatever. That woman never cared."

I shook my head. "No! No, you're wrong. She wouldn't. She couldn't. No!"

"Well she did." He growled. "Typical." He punched the wall again.

"Did she leave a note? Or a sign?" I swallowed. "Maybe she was kidnapped!"

"That would be far better," he all but spat the words out. "She walked right out in front of me."

"Maybe someone forced her! We have to go save her. She could be hurt."

Suddenly his hand connected with my face in a stinging slap. "Don't you dare defend her. You know nothing."

I clutched my face, tears welling up in my eyes. "I... I just..." I backed away from him slowly.

He reached out, face softening all of a sudden. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. I'm just. Come here." He opened his arms.

I shook my head, letting out a choked sob. He hit me. My pather hit me.

In hindsight, that was the most painful thing. Not the hits themselves, but the fact that they came at all. The world seems to crumble when someone who's supposed to protect you from danger becomes the source of it.

"No. Please. I didn't mean to. I really didn't. I don't know what came over me. Your mother..." He trailed off.

I looked up at him. "You hit me."

"I'm sorry. So Sorry. It will never happen again. I promise." He had a hand over his heart.

I hugged him then, burying my still stinging face in his chest. "I believe you."

He had lied, of course. The only thing that changed after that were how desperate his apologies were after each incident.

And how violent they were, but who's keeping track?
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

4100 Reviews

Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:41 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Day 27

Daily Word Count

2,515/0

Go. Fight. Punch people. Hurt things. Yeah.

"So pretty... Strong! So pretty strong."

I am paid to worry.

Dying is not in your job description.

Spoiler! :
Cassia shook her head at me. No, no! Janice is a good fighter. I don't want you in danger. It's still my job to keep you safe. Even though I haven't exactly been doing a good job doesn't mean I've abandoned it completely.

I shook my head. You've done an exceptional job. Don't worry. I can handle myself in a fight.

Cassia's face was lined with doubt but she relented and stepped aside. Fine. She crossed her arms tightly over her chest and looked at the floor. Be safe, okay?

I smiled at her, give her a one armed hug and kissing her on the forehead. It felt like I had to lean a bit lower than normal to pull it off this time. Interesting. Before I could spend too long thinking about that I stepped back. I'll be perfectly fine. Don't worry.

I am paid to worry.

I pouted. You don't have to. Believe me. I can handle it. To make sure she understood, I flexed one of my arms. See. I already knocked two of them out on the way here.

Cassia made my favorite noise, covering her mouth as she turned dark red. Janice looked between the two of us and chuckled, clapping Cassia on the shoulder.

I think you gained a new believer in your fighting skills Sophia. Janice winked. Although she looks ready to believe anything you say at the moment.

I wasn't entirely sure what Janice meant by that, but I smiled anyway. That seemed like a good deal, and Janice knew Cassia far better than I did. Good to know.

Cassia made my favorite noise again, turning impossibly redder. Cricket's chest bounced with a short laugh.

I beamed. I think I found a new way for you to make my favorite noise.

Cassia's eyes widened.

I pouted. Do you not like it?

Cassia shook her head. I like it. It's just... wow muscles. So pretty... She got a dreamy look on her fsce before snapping back to reality and makes my favorite noise again. Strong! So pretty strong.

I beamed. I was about to sign a reply when Janice put a hand on my shoulder.

While I would love to watch you two flirt for another hour, there is the small problem of us needing to actually leave.

Cassia seemed to actually collapse at that one, falling to her knees.

I instinctively reached down to help Cassia, a small blush rising to my cheeks. Was Janice implying that we were courting somehow? That was a strange conclusion to come to.

Cassia shoed me away. I'm fine. Go. Fight. Punch people. Hurt things. Yeah.

I pouted. Fine. But you're not moving an inch until I'm back.

Spoiler! :
Cassia shook her head rapidly, letting out another sob. This is my fault. This is all my fault. If I had just come earlier. If I just gave myself up-

I couldn't let her finish that thought. I managed to haul myself to my feet finally, and it seemed Janice had the same idea as me because we both ended up pulling her into another hug. Cricket sat up on the bed and gave Cassia a strong, "You better be kidding" stare.

I shook my head firmly.

Cassia clung to both of us, sobbing violently.

I hugged her as tightly as I could. I was drawing comfort from her as much as I wanted to provide it, but I held on.

"Y.o.u. c.o.u.l.d.v.e. d.i.e.d."

I just hugged her tighter even as I could feel Janice reply. "W.o.r.t.h. i.t."

Cassia shook her head. "N.o.t m.e. I.m. n.o.t. w.o.r.t.h. d.y.i.n.g. f.o.r."

"P.e.o.p.l.e. y.o.u. l.o.v.e. i.m.m.o.r.t.a.l. o.r. o.t.h.e.r.w.i.s.e. a.r.e. a.l.w.a.y.s. w.o.r.t.h. d.y.i.n.g. f.o.r."

I could only nod into Cassia's hair in agreement.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

4100 Reviews

Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:38 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Day 28

Daily Word Count

633/0

Staying put. Thinking of thoughtful things.

Spoiler! :
Shall we then Miss Sophia?

I nodded.

The guards weren't really in a formation, more in a cluster antimatedly yelling at each other. All of them had the same baton the guard I had knocked out did, so I wasn't very worried on that front. Based on how their discussion was going, they might finish the fight for us.

Janice was the first one to step forward, followed closely be me. The guards were all so busy focusing on each other than neither of them seemed to immediately spot us. Janice nodded towards the guard that looked the biggest of the lot and promptly charged him. Understanding what she was trying to go, I made for the one who looked the biggest of the remaining ones.

The one I charged noticed my coming just in time to dodge to the side, taking out his baton.

I recovered as fast as I could, turning around and this time waiting for him to make his move first. In the meantime I risked a glance over at Janice.

Janice's fight was going very well for Janice. The other guard, not so much. She fought fiercly, moving so quickly she was almost a blur.

I smiled, turning back to the guard in front of me. He was starting to circle around me, like he was waiting for me to attack first too.

I sighed. This wasn't good. The other three wouldn't just wait for me to finish this one off. I had to attack.

Gritting my teeth against an attack, I charged towards him again.

He raised his baton to block my swing.

I adjusted my hands ever so slightly, managing to grab onto the baton instead of attacking him. I used the momentum to swing him towards another one of the guards. He collided heavily, but neither of them fell. The orginal guard was dazed for all of five seconds before he charged at me.

I didn't waste any time aiming for his legs. It was a little harder to hoist him compared to the earlier guards, but I managed it, leaving him flailing in the air. he started to try punching me on the back, pounding the sides of his fists against my shoulders.

I did my best to ignore the pain, sizing up his remaining friends instead, waiting for one of them to charge.

The smallest one put on a sneer and decided to charge, his baton in such a position I couldn't guess what he was going to do with it.

I dumped his friend right on top of him, using the guard on my shoulder like a large grumpy boulder. The small guard quickly crumpled under the weight, both of them crashing to the floor.

Not waiting to see what happened to them, I quickly glanced over to Janice. Janice was finishing off her thrid guard, the other two unconcious on the floor. She dodged a right hook and countered with a well-timed uppercut.

I smiled, quickly turning back to double check the two I'd fought. It looks like this situation was reaching its conclusion.

The smaller one was unconcious, but the bigger one's eyes gleaned with stubbornness. He picked himself off the floor and shook out his shoulders. I didn't hesistate to charge.

He swept to the left, trying to snake behind me. I did my best to keep up. As soon as he was behind me, he rushed to aim a swing right at my head. I just about managed to duck under it, driving my elbow towards his gut.

He dodged backwards, barely out of reach. I whirled around again.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Please immediately cease and desist from offering Bob any more coffees with peppermint sprinkles. Thank you.
— SilverNight