Young Writers Society

Snoink's Nano

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:08 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

For Day 16, I hit 26,332 words, so we're still slightly under counting here, but only just! :) Hopefully by tonight, we'll finally make word count! (Though like, yesterday night I was dying with stupid practice contractions, so who knows what will happen today? :P)

Also, I want a naaaaaaaaaap. (Maybe I'll be a faster writer if I have a nap??? THIS MIGHT BE WORTH A TRY.)

Anyway. Favorite part of yesterday's writing:

Spoiler! :
All Adelore needed to do was attract the Black Swans’ attention and make Cyrus so afraid that he would send most of his Black Swan army to target him instead of Tiziano. The best way to do that, of course, was through crazy theatrics.

And Adelore was good at crazy theatrics.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:55 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

YOU KNOW HOW I SAID THAT I HOPED THAT I WOULD BE A FASTER WRITER IF I HAD A NAP.

YEAH.

APPARENTLY THAT DIDN'T WORK.

I napped gloriously and then was totally overwhelmed with work afterwards, hah.

Oh well... yesterday was a day that was pretty demanding, all things considered, so my word count was dismal and I am basically down a whole day again. ;.;

I'm at 26,781. Eep.

FORTUNATELY. We're at a good part.

UNFORTUNATELY. There's a lot to write.

Fortunately, I am sort of in a grim mood where I am okay with writing the next part, even though the next part will be HARD to write, just because of things that have happened. So there's that...

Anyway. Better start writing...

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:56 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

Okay! So I wrote over 2000 words yesterday, so I am slightly less panicked, lol. Still behind, but! There's still hope, lol.

For Day 18, I finished with 28,797 words.

Favorite part is probably this...

Spoiler! :
“Don’t waste your breath with an apology,” Cyrus hissed. “It is insincere at its best and maudlin at its worst. As far as my death is concerned, don’t flatter yourself in thinking that you would ever be able to kill me. I am immortal now. You wouldn’t be able to kill me if you tried.”

...and why is it my favorite? Probably because it includes the word "maudlin" lol. Which is an EXCELLENT word.

Anyway, I had to stop with a cliffhanger yesterday night because I had to sleep, so... OFF TO MORE WRITING.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:34 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

Got pretty close to making word count, but then gosh darn sleep came to interfere, lol. Soooooooooo...

At Day 19, I ended with 31,186!

Still playing catch up, but OOPS. I accidentally stumbled on an action scene, which means it'll probably be quicker to write, lol.

Probably my favorite part:

Spoiler! :
“Give yourself some credit, Adelore,” Cyrus hissed. “You are remarkably good at destroying things too. Perhaps it’s a family trait! Even that White Swan you came with was good at destroying things, when he was pushed to his limit.”

“You mean Grandpa?” Adelore said, laughing hoarsely.

“You may call him what you wish, but he is not and never will be part of my family,” Cyrus hissed. “He shamelessly abandoned his only child years ago and you know very well that he deserves to be destroyed for his crimes.”

“Be careful what you say next, Cyrus,” Adelore warned darkly. “You may not like where it leads you.”

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:50 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

For Day 20, I finally caught up with word count!!!! 33,380!!!!! WOOOOOOO.

Spoiler! :
“You are ridiculous,” Adelore murmured.

“Am I really?” Cyrus hissed. “Then let me continue some more!"

OMG. He is so long winded, lol.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:44 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

Yesterday, I basically polished up a chapter so that the official beta reader could read it! And also had our weekly Sunday get-together. So, SURPRISE, there was not a lot of actual writing, lol. Hopefully that gets changed today. :)

I ended yesterday with 34,159.

Now, to write more, lol. (It's gonna be EPIC.)

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:37 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

...I almost did a double take when I looked at my last post. Apparently, I almost wrote 3000 words yesterday. What can I say? I've been having fun! :)

Anyway, we finished up with 36,911 words yesterday! So we're actually AHEAD with word count today! Which is good because it's going to be BUSY in the next couple of days because of Thanksgiving.

One of the odd parts about yesterday's writing was it was primary narrative. Hardly any dialogue.

This, however, is definitely my favorite line though...

Spoiler! :
“Diamea!” he cried out. “What fresh new horror is this?”

Mwhahaha.

Anyway, we just hit a pretty exciting part (I sort of had to force myself to sleep, tbh) and I should probably write, lol... I'll see if I can get a little ahead of word count so I can be kinder to myself this coming Thanksgiving.

...ALSO. ONLY ABOUT 13K LEFT???? WOW.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:52 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

For Day 23, I finished with 40077 words! SO! I am officially a DAY ahead!!!!!!!!!!

...which is good, because today had a lot of getting ready for Thanksgiving shenanigans, lol. Fortunately, it seems like it's time for me to sit down and maybe write. ^_^

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:10 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

For Day 24, I finished with 40,571 words!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:27 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

WHOOPS. I forgot to pause and record my word count before I started reading/editing lines, haha.

Anyway, let's just say that I ended Day 25 with... approximately 41200??? Sure...

A little bit behind, but I accidentally threw out my hips yesterday so I probably need to rest. SO. Lots of time to write, lol.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:42 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

It turns out that yesterday was a sort of strange day that I had to hold an ill baby for a good portion of the day. SO. I didn't make word count. But there was some progress that was made, at least!

The word count for Day 26 was... 42,829! So not too far behind. Hopefully I'll be able to get some more writing in today! :)

Favorite line probably:

Spoiler! :
“A rickety suspension bridge over a river of blood?” Adelore muttered. “This place gets better and better!

*snorts*

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:39 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

Final word count of Day 27 was 45,071 words! So we are BACK ON TRACK!

YAY!

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:12 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

Final word count of Day 28 was 45929 words! A little behind, but not too much, and now I don't have any company over. So, possibly more writing???

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:24 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

...I started writing before I figured out yesterday's word count, but I ended at a little less than 48K.

BUT WE'RE DOING THIS TODAY, DARN IT.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:24 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

I want to point out that YES. I did write over 2K words on Day 30 and YES! I WON NANO, HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wondered why we put villains in our stories when we have plenty of them in real life; then I realized that maybe we wanted stories where the good guy wins.
— nogutsnoglory