Reviews: 351
Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:15 am
View Likes
mellifera says...

DAY SEVEN

Daily Word Count: 542/1,557

Total Word Count: 13,173/50,000

Thoughts:

should I have done both more nano and schoolwork two days ago? yes. did I?

no.

anyway, Olly is having a good time, Jyno is slowly starting to realise he's basically adopted a non-functional, immensely powerful mage. you know how it is.

also, hinting at some backstory for him. as a treat.
Last edited by mellifera on Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
I believe in a universe that doesn't care and people that do.

You and I, we are matter, and it matters.

they/them

351 Reviews

Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:21 am
View Likes
mellifera says...

DAY EIGHT

Daily Word Count: 2,086/1,601

Total Word Count: 15,259/50,000

Thoughts:

today was A LOT but I got homework done way sooner than I thought (tg) so I got to just put in the good old grind for a while into just writing and letting it carry me forward.

it is by no means good. I've forgone basically anything but dialogue lol but I'm just happy it's getting written right now! also olly and jyno are in the middle of nowhere so description doesn't really matter right now. they'll get more when they arrive at [Kingdom], as I call it in the novel lol (no I still haven't named it)

olly and jyno's dynamic is that "someone's going to die" "of fun!" meme but instead of "someone's going to die" jyno is saying "WE'RE going to die!" and he's probably about to have a nervous breakdown and olly is cheering them both on for a dangerous plan that they've just had and decided to enact. jyno is just along for this ride honestly.

also because I was a little short of 1,601 by the time I finished Olly's chapter, we got back to everyone's favourite, grumpy little hunter man (and by little I mean the opposite of that)! the Lanterns are investigating! they're gathering clues! what is the mysterious monstrosity plaguing [Kingdom]'s streets?

we'll find out later because I'm exhausted and need sleep lol

they/them

351 Reviews

Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:10 am
View Likes
mellifera says...

DAY NINE

Daily Word Count: 1,658/??? 1.5k something

Total Word Count: 16,917/50,000

Thoughts:

got very confused when I thought I had three days to catch up on but turns out I just can't label my posts correctly or time means nothing

anyway!! investigations commence!! the lanterns found some weird stuff!!! sorin has some,,, weird thing he's being cagey about :eyes: sorin also cannot deal with human emotions lol what a bastard I love him

that's all, I have homework to do so I'm trying to finish up these updates quickly lol

they/them

351 Reviews

Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:18 am
View Likes
mellifera says...

DAY TEN

Daily Word Count: 2,047/1,575

Total Word Count: 18,964/50,000

Thoughts:

now that chapter 7 is complete, that means only TWO MORE CHAPTERS before my sweet baby bad decisions boy! I'm the most excited

ALSO OLLY AND JYNO ARE GETTING TO THE KINGDOM NEXT CHAPTER BECAUSE TIME MEANS NOTHING!! I can't wait for the MCs paths to cross!!

I am SO VERY PLEASED AND HAPPY with the progress I've been making this month!! the creative outlet is just doing WONDERS for my mental health (also I have something to look forward to in the future, so really, the two things are just sort of converging to really finally give my tired soul and brain a rest).

anyway. I need to finish my homework so I can Snooze, so. back to grumpy old man sorin tomorrow (AND VERY LIKELY BREAKING 20k LET'S GO)

they/them

351 Reviews

Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:37 am
View Likes
mellifera says...

DAY ELEVEN

Daily Word Count: 1,235/1,552

Total Word Count: 20,199/50,000

Thoughts:

broke 20k!!

anyway I don't have many thoughts right now, but I want to keep the updates consistent, so. no thoughts, head empty.

they/them

351 Reviews

Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:38 am
View Likes
mellifera says...

DAY TWELVE

Daily Word Count: 1,946/1,568

Total Word Count: 22,145/50,000

Thoughts:

still no thoughts.

they/them

351 Reviews

Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:39 am
View Likes
mellifera says...

DAY THIRTEEN

Daily Word Count: 1,248/1,548

Total Word Count: 23,393/50,000

they/them

351 Reviews

Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:18 am
View Likes
mellifera says...

DAY FOURTEEN

Daily Word Count: 1,979/1,565

Total Word Count: 25,372/50,000

Thoughts:

the fact that I got any words in saturday was a miracle considering how Bad of a day I had, but! I persevere. forward momentum with nano!

Olly and Jyno have arrived at the kingdom! which means!! ball shenanigans can kick off and then our heroes collide!

BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY I was really close to 25k when I finished Olly's chapter today, so I ended up GOING FORTH AND FINISHING MERCURY'S CHAPTER TOO

as predicted, I LOVE my disaster boy, and he's having literally THE WORST time. writing hallucinations and also just, the weirdest and most nonsensical scenes ever is great because it just gives me to freedom to write Whatever Words I want and leave the reader to either try to come up with something or just go? ??? this is incomprehensible. which is the point lol

anyway, TWO CHAPTERS DONE TODAY (yesterday and also today though), I FINALLY GOT TO MY BOY, AND I HIT 25k. mission successful!

also I got 347 done today technically, so even a little treat for me later.

they/them

351 Reviews

Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:08 am
View Likes
mellifera says...

DAY FIFTEEN

Daily Word Count: 1,525/1,539

Total Word Count: 26,897/50,000

Thoughts:

despite my head start yesterday, I ended up pushing off writing until literally an hour or two ago despite the fact all my plans got cancelled because instead I had to spend basically all of yesterday after classes doing a Big Sad. so! this is the only reason that I was FOURTEEN words short for yesterday's count lol

the downward spiral has commenced (I say this like it just started lmao), but will it mean I stumble on NaNo? I have two big projects + other homework due this weekend, so stay tuned to find out!

honestly though, the writing is good for me, I'm just so tired by everything else. I wish life a very Be Less.

I'm coming up on some fun scenes that I've been looking forward to though, and I've left myself off on the ball scene :eyes: boys are about to have their SECOND interaction. also I have dropped the bare minimum amount of worldbuilding, and considering I did none of that before hand and it has all been me just making stuff up on the fly, I think I've done great personally.

also, just. sorin and the lanterns interacting <3 it warms my heart, they're all so precious.

they/them

351 Reviews

Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:02 am
View Likes
mellifera says...

DAY SIXTEEN

Daily Word Count: 3,143/1,540

Total Word Count: 30,040/50,000

Thoughts:

I finished Sorin's chapter and saw that I had written 2.9k for the day and also that I was less than 200 words away from 30k total, so...

anyway, Sorin and Alistair had an actual conversation! sort of! Sorin continues to kind of put his foot in his mouth and Alistair just is trying his very hardest to make this grumpy bastard like him. either way, it did wonders for my motivation and I blazed through it. I'm probably going to need this head start.

regardless, chapter complete! as unenthusiastic as I made this update, I am still very pleased with my progress. but I'm also just tired on a physical but more importantly an intense emotional level, so. I'm going to go rest now.

they/them

351 Reviews

Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:48 am
View Likes
mellifera says...

DAY SEVENTEEN

Daily Word Count: 643/1,426

Total Word Count: 30,722/50,000

Thoughts:

today was another p hard day so no update, only rest now.

they/them

351 Reviews

Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:26 am
View Likes
mellifera says...

DAY EIGHTEEN

Daily Word Count: 92/1,4??

Total Word Count: 30,814/50,000

Thoughts:

"I'm going to do so much homework this week" I said

I did basically nothing except attend class yesterday (also was sort of mildly forced to stop moping on my own, and I am now willing to admit I'm feeling better now).

so yes. I wrote only 92 words. it's better than zero! also I was well within my rights for a break and I'm happy it was more than nothing. also I got to hecking chill for a day, a grade in my worst-performing class went up, and I had a good time with a friend, so honestly, I'm not upset that I didn't get that much done yesterday. I'm ok with that.

they/them

351 Reviews

Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:36 am
View Likes
mellifera says...

DAY NINETEEN

Daily Word Count: 2,231/1,599

Total Word Count: 33,045/50,000

Thoughts:

also I was okay with not doing much yesterday because I cruised through today lmao

still don't have a lot of juice for a comprehensive update but!!! OLLY AND SORIN HAVE MET!! PROTAGONISTS COALESCE!! LET THE PLOT BEGIN

they/them

351 Reviews

Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:27 am
View Likes
mellifera says...

DAY TWENTY TO TWENTY-THREE

Daily Word Count: 5,759/???

Total Word Count: 38,804/50,000

Thoughts:

SOMEONE FORGOT TO UPDATE THEIR NANO THREAD

it was me I forget to do that

anyway no I did not stop writing, I have kept up, I just forgot to update. NaNo is still commencing.

also I said "let the plot begin" last post like it didn't already lol

they/them

351 Reviews

Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:29 am
View Likes
mellifera says...

DAY TWENTY FOUR

Daily Word Count: 2,141/1,599

Total Word Count: 40,945/50,000

Thoughts:

FINAL STRETCH

anyway, my "light-hearted goofy novel" is being weighed very heavily down by the immense Time I am putting Mercury through. He's in the WRINGER. uh. oops my hand slipped. sometimes it be like that. he's way more sad that I intended, but wow is he fun to write. I can really let myself go with him.

my favourite thing about the Lanterns is the fact the Sorin is very definitively the respected and renowned leader and yet he is also the most dunked on. if someone makes fun of him than all of them will make fun of him. the Lanterns making fun of Sorin is my new favourite thing.

they/them

XD YES !!!! EMBRACE THE POWER OF CAPS LOCK + EXCLAMATION!!!! no SHAME IN BEING EASILY EXCITABLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
— Euphory