z

Young Writers Society

Lets discuss our ideas!

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:17 am
View Likes
Denizen says...

Just winging it, or going full prep-mode?
It's my first NaNoWriMo, and I've come up with a concept to branch off from-but not much else. I'll probably go for Young Adult, a diary/log style.

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:54 am
View Likes
Liminality says...

Diary style sounds interesting! It's my first NaNo as well :D I guess I've become a bit more of a prepper than I'd initially expected, haha. My 'plan' is probably to jot down all the thoughts that occur around my story but leave open the possibility that I might retcon some details (that usually happens whenever I write ANYTHING). I'm writing a medieval fantasy political intrigue story with a bit of comedy, but I'm going for 5 shorter mini-plots rather than writing a whole novel. The only plot point I have for certain is that the first story is going to revolve around the main character hosting a bunch of nobles in her house and trying to figure out what they're scheming.
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

4096 Reviews

Reviews: 4096
Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:24 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Its my first NaNo as well, and...well I'm doing as I always do, plan these things down to the last detail, expect the plan to change halfway through, throw away the plan but we'll see, my current plots look good enough that I might actually not end up changing them.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:04 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

I'm a veteran, but I don't think I've ever actually gotten to the 50k...
MAY THIS BE THE YEAR!
I'm totally reworking an older idea of mine with a cast I really love. It's a YA contemporary romance. I'm a pantser at heart, so I never do a ton of formal planning before I start. I know who my characters are, I know the premise and the very general arc of the story. I know the first scene and last scene and some big things that have to happen along the way, and beyond that I'm winging it! (As I always do when I first draft). But what helps me wing it is that I have in the back of my mind the story beats I need to hit, so hopefully the middle doesn't get quite as wandering :)
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

378 Reviews

Reviews: 378
Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:52 pm
View Likes
Soulkana says...

I've won a couple in my first tries but its been awhile. I'm working on a reincarnation sort of fic dealing with spirits and demons and a whole lot of angst and self healing lol. I have the major? plots bulleted and the first 12 chapters outlined otherwise its all fair in love and war or I suppose NaNo and war LOL
May the gentle moon take you into peaceful dreams. May the mighty sun brighten your new days.

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:53 pm
View Likes
BluesClues says...

Definitely not my first go-round, although I won't be reaching 50k this year for sure because I'm rebelling - finishing a story I've been working on since July rather than writing a new story from scratch! I sure HOPE I don't have 50,000 words left! 30,000 or so would be nice...but we'll see.

(My last first draft ended up 60,000 words longer than I meant it to be, so???)

If anyone needs advice or general cheerleading, let me know! I love NaNoWriMo with a passion and, like I said, this ain't my first rodeo.

"I never expected that I should be a queen so soon."
— Alice's Adventures in Wonderland