z

Young Writers Society

Poems of Belecthoria and Its History

311 Reviews

Reviews: 311
Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:42 am
View Likes
Riverlight says...

I've already posted some of the poems here, so I have a head start! Current word count is 1,171 out of 50,000! That's 2.324% already! Great start, right!

Most of these poems will be based in (fictional) history, culture, or other such things that any real nation would have poetry about. I intend to have Tolkien-esque and Robert Frost themed works that explain in greater detail what it's like living in Belecthoria (and later Meretica) through the centuries. Perfect time, too, since @Stringbean and I are writing #DuskOnTheHorizon!
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:43 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

This sounds interesting! I normally think of NaPo as the month for binging poetry, so I'm curious to see what your take on it will be during NaNo. Good luck with all of those poems! :)
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

311 Reviews

Reviews: 311
Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:03 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

Thanks @Magebird!
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:43 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

This sounds like such an interesting writing project! Poems about history are hard enough, and having to make them up about a fictional universe is even harder. Super excited to do with this, Vil!

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

It's a pity the dictionary has only one definition of beauty. In my world, there are 7.9 billion types of it- all different and still beautiful.
— anne27