Reviews: 351
Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:52 am
View Likes
mellifera says...

Thank you @Carlito!! :D

DAY ELEVEN

Word Count: 2,428/1,400
Total NaNo Word Count: 23,047/50,000

Down to 1,348! 2k more to the halfway mark yeee!

It took a while to get myself to sit down and focus because I started late today, but it paid off! I got 2.4k so I'm happy with that, although I'm pretty sure I repeated description for everything twenty thousand times, BUT THE WORDS ARE THERE.

The YIKES scene
Spoiler! :
It didn’t take long for the bluff to come into view. It was a vividly clear night, and the moon shone down on the lands like a silver sun. It was so bright, Ronni could see huge billows of black smoke up ahead.

Black smoke that was rising where the Sentinel’s Keep stood proud.
I believe in a universe that doesn't care and people that do.

You and I, we are matter, and it matters.

they/them

351 Reviews

Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:05 am
View Likes
mellifera says...

DAY TWELVE

Word Count: 1,031/1,348
Total NaNo Word Count: 24,079/50,000

OKAY I HAD A REASON FOR NOT UPLOADING YESTERDAY I wrote the 1k right before I went to sleep and I had twenty minutes so I sprinted and then went to bed. I wasn't about to stop to put these updates up yesterday lol. I think it was about 1,378 daily or something?? Who Knows.

I honestly don't really remember what I was feeling when I was writing, I just know there's a whole bunch of exposition and the pacing is 100% too slow. We've deduced something kids! I'm an overwriter! *confetti...not*

However, Jasper is a brat confirmed. Not necessarily in this line just In General.
Spoiler! :
Soon, he promised himself. Marina would get better, and they’d be able to leave. And she could yell at him all she wanted then.

Siblings. What a delight.

they/them

351 Reviews

Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:14 am
View Likes
mellifera says...

DAY THIRTEEN

Word Count: 2,466/1,3??
Total NaNo Word Count: 26,545/50,000

HALFWAY MARK IS PASSED! :D Now to just get the other half and...well, the rest... but! down to 1,304 a day! Let's see if I can just keep it up now lol.

Almost on chapter 7 which? is still not great since we're already this far. ALAS I'll just have to deal with the consequences of Overwriting ((((:
Goodness I was having Trouble today. It wasn't even that the scene was that hard or I didn't know what I was doing I was just,,, dragging my feet. it's very very trashy. Alas.

Jasper and Ronni? getting along?
Spoiler! :
Jasper eyed her suspiciously. Was this some new suitor tactic he hadn’t been acquainted with yet? “Then what do you want? A title? Land? Fame?”

“An army.”

they/them

351 Reviews

Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:00 pm
View Likes
mellifera says...

Day Fourteen

Word Count: 1,095/1,304
Total NaNo Word Count: 27,640

Back up to 1,316 because I didn't meet the daily word count. Also at this point do I need an excuse for forgetting to update?

Yesterday was a really? bleh day for writing. Again, very dragging and I just, had no motivation to do any of this. Alas, I wrote words, they're bad but they're down.

no snippet because!

they/them

351 Reviews

Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:01 am
View Likes
mellifera says...

Day Fifteen

Word Count: 1,407/1,316
Total NaNo Word Count: 29,047/50,000

Wrestled it down six words to 1,310.

WORDS. THEY'RE GROSS. (so that's about where I at with nano right now lol)

CAN YOU TELL HOW WELL I'M DOING THAT I USE AND FIFTEEN TIMES IN THE SAME SENTENCE???
Spoiler! :
She’d been warned by Sascha that nobles could and would get plucky and huffy about everything and anything.

they/them

351 Reviews

Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:36 am
View Likes
mellifera says...

Day Sixteen and Seventeen

Word Count: 2,488/1,310
Total NaNo Word Count: 31,535/50,000

Word Count: 2,795/1,2??
Total Nano Word Count: 34,330/50,000

down to 1,120!! OKAY THANKS I'M ON MOBILE I JUST DIDN'T WANT TO GET THREE DAYS BEHIND.

maybe i'll update this with snippets but am too lazy to go to my computer to do that right now.

they/them

351 Reviews

Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:42 am
View Likes
mellifera says...

Day Eighteen
because we've gotten tired of caps apparently and i've only just noticed

Word Count: 1,563/1,120
Total NaNo Word Count: 35,893/50,000

Finally down to 1k! Well, 1,086 but irrelevant it's still 1k and a little bit more.

I've been on a streak so let's hope I can keep that up (it's funny because today and the sixteenth I felt MISERABLE about writing, and then I got into that Zone and...yeah. Off we went)

Today was really really slow at first. It took almost half an hour for 200 words? And it's kinda funny because then I got up to get coffee and I took off after that. So, I guess it's true what they say about writers and coffee. Who knew.

This was the ONE line I was waiting to write and now I have nothing to look forward to anymore kidding but seriously this first draft is killing me and I HATE it rip
Spoiler! :
Still, he offered her another smile, if not a slightly uncomfortable one. “I don’t know. I guess it was cool to imagine you coming out of the womb kicking ass.”

they/them

351 Reviews

Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:06 am
View Likes
mellifera says...

Day Nineteen

Word Count: 1,305/1,086
Total NaNo Word Count: 37,198/50,000

FELLAS WHAT A DAY. I spent the whole day trying to write LMS and procrastinating, and then I finished and got through NaNo in like, half an hour. My FRIENDS. Today was Something.

These updates are slowly descending from organised, neat recordings of what's going on to chaos.

However, despite the fact I had to do LMS + NaNo, writing LMS today was nice. It felt so amazing to work on something other than my NaNo project (which? I've been working on LMS? during NaNo already? But today was Super Nice), and even though it took fifteen years to write, I felt good about it. I'm enjoying The Hero's Brother more than The Hybrid Sun and like...I kind of expected that? The Hybrid Sun was kind of a shot in the dark, but I guess we'll see where I go with it. It's not really going where I want it to, but I really want to finish the first draft at least before I throw it into the pot of ever growing, shelved projects.

OKAY wow rant over. Anyway, since I was the master of angst today, and I've been trying to post more light-hearted or humorous snippets, here's a glob of angst.
Spoiler! :
His lip quirked humourlessly, brown eyes void of emotion. He looked as expressive as a rock. “I’m dead, Ronni. You killed me,” Rhys – not Rhys? – looked back at the fire as the flames rose higher above the logs. “You’re no Sentinel, and you’re certainly no sister of mine.”

they/them

351 Reviews

Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:25 am
View Likes
mellifera says...

Day Twenty and Twenty-One

Word Count: 1,129/1,068 (i think?)
Total NaNo Word Count: 38,327/50,000

Word Count: 1,697,1,062
Total NaNo Word Count: 40,024/50,000

Tuesday was The Worst Day I've had in a while and somehow I managed to get the word count in. Wednesday I did 600 some in between shifts and had assumed I got close to 1k (because I was on my old tablet and couldn't check word count) and then panicked later that night cause I only checked later BUT I still got them in.

I'm too lazy to put in snippets right now which is slightly unfortunate because my boys are Getting Up To Things.

they/them

351 Reviews

Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:54 am
View Likes
mellifera says...

Day Twenty-Two

Word Count: 1,359/998
Total NaNo Word Count: 41,383/50,000

Down to 958 words daily! I'm just here to drop this by, again without snippets. But I'm still here somehow!

they/them

351 Reviews

Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:34 am
View Likes
mellifera says...

Days Twenty-Three and Twenty-Four

Word Count: 1,141/958
Total NaNo Word Count: 42,524/50,000

Word Count: 2,672/935
Total NaNo Word Count: 45,196/50,000

Down to 687 a day thanks to yesterday. Also yes I am lazy and didn't update. Also, yes, I am incredibly pleased that I got exactly enough words for a palindrome number.

they/them

351 Reviews

Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:29 am
View Likes
mellifera says...

Day Twenty-Five

Word Count: 3,811/687
Total NaNo Word Count: 49,007/50,000

I'M SO CLOSE AND SO TIRED so I will get to that sweet 50k tomorrow and Rest for now.

they/them

351 Reviews

Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:07 am
View Likes
mellifera says...

Day Twenty-Six

Word Count: 1,274/166
Total NaNo Word Count: 50,281/50,000

YES IT'S DONE!! Well, the novel isn't but FIFTY THOUSAND WORDS IS??? holy jeez I honestly wasn't sure I'd be able to do it but I was also DETERMINED and here we are. Now I just gotta finish this novel and I can treat myself by...more writing. :(

But I've been super jammed to work on the second draft of my novel HoHW and I gotta finish the outline for that and hopefully we'll be kicking that off at the end of December/beginning of January.

they/them

That, sir, is the most frightening battlefield in the world: the blank page.
— Larry McMurtry, Comanche Moon