z

Young Writers Society

NaNoWriMo Welcome Post

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:24 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

Greetings fellow NaNo participants and welcome to the official forum!

There are a few cobwebs hanging around from last year but they will soon be knocked away by some fresh threads, and no I'm not talking about clothing choices.

There is a slight dilemma that writers come across this time of year, whether to share or not to share? We want to post parts of our stories for the people who have long been awaiting them. This brings in the issue, sometimes we don't want the critiques the Green Room would provide, at least not yet. Or maybe you don't have the points or time to collect that many points during November.

Well here comes a possible solution, direct from the basement of the Mod Squad headquarters.
If you do want to go ahead and posts chapters of your NaNo novel while it's still in progress, create a thread in this forum. During NaNo, the important thing to remember is that this is your rough draft and you don't have to be worried about little imperfections, you just need to get your story down on paper. So if you want to share and build a following for when you do post, this might be the right choice for you.

Now for a few questions.
1. Are you participating this year?
2. If you are participating, how are you feeling so far?
3. Is this your first rodeo or have you earned your spurs?

561 Reviews

Reviews: 561
Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:24 pm
Atticus says...

1. Technically, no. I'm still trying to get 50K, but at the beginning of the month my schedule was so crammed it seemed impossible that I would be able to get even 30K, but now we're only a bit over halfway through the month, and I already hit the 30K mark. But I'm still riding on the hype, and I might even get to the word count, who knows?
2. Tired. Also, I think my word counter is broken. Pretty sure I've written more than that, but it's not showing up :( I need some sort of modified word counter that tells me I wrote more than I actually did so I stay motivated. But other than that, I'm glad I'm getting real writing done, and even though sometimes I cringe when I look through it and see all the mistakes, I'm looking forward to polishing this up and checking it off my bucket list!
3. i did some Camp NaNo, but I joined late, so I set my goal to 10,000 words,so I have some experience with "speed writing". But I would consider this my first semi-real NaNoWriMo, and it's great to be a part of! Everyone's been so helpful, and it's a real ego boost to have this big of a support group and all this hype towards writing.
[he/him]

"tiktok and giving children meth are my passions" ~ @ShadowVyper
"carinas long foretold chaos protege" ~ @veeren
"smol bean, future of chaos" ~ @carina

I love how we all band together to break things...
— Kelpies