z

Young Writers Society

Playing Favorites

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:43 pm
Vervain says...

Whether it's a plot, a plot device, a character, a running jokeā€”NaNo's a great time to spawn all kinds of oddities that stick around forever.

What are some of your favorite things to come out of NaNo? A character name? A place? A particular description? If you're new to NaNo but you've done planning, what's your favorite thing so far?
stay off the faerie paths

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:05 pm
Steggy says...

I am new to NaNo but I like mostly the characters. Also the hope of finally finishing a novel
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:49 am
View Likes
Evander says...

My favorite thing so far is just the sheer amount of ideas I have with this project. Before planning for NaNo, I was just poking at a half-dead project. Now it actually feels alive and I'm invested in it again. Every day I can open up the document and just type out all my ideas and all my hopes and dreams for this novel.

Uh, another thing I like about NaNo is that everything I'm working on feels new again. While I have been toying with all of the characters for quite some time now, it's just really refreshing to see them and know that they will be put into action soon.
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:41 am
origamidragons says...

My favorite part of NaNo is sneaking references to other things I love, like earlier today I snuck in the phrase 'Winter is coming!'

I also love trying to find intricate and lengthy ways to describe things, because it uses words and paints a clear picture. :)

A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest.
— Paul Simon