[NaNo 2021]Cehyn in Marth

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:50 am
View Likes
ForeverYoung299 says...

Cehyn in Marth

plot

The planet Marth is in terrible danger. [name]* living on it are trying to shift to another planet as soon as possible.
Cehyn is the daughter of the couple who were the first to take the risk of going to an other planet when the spaceship was not even very secure and they knew it. Well, not fully. There was a kind dispute inn between them and other people. They repeatedly told the spaceship was not safe while the other protested. At the same time, the others did not have the courage to go. So, at last they had to go and died midway. Note:This events definitely have an impact on her and also her surroundings.

Now Cehyn lives with Eliza who is a very close friend of Cehyn although they barely have any similarities between them. They lived a very normal life until a volcanic eruption. When they went to see the eruption, the volcano attracted Cehyn as nothing. Following the attraction, she landed in Trog. The Trog is kind of different from the place she lives in. There are two features which surprised and irritated her. First, the monochromatic colours and second, the [name] in there looked very similar to her. There, she kills the king and as of the rule, she becomes the queen. However, she is not at all happy and thus plans to escape and succeeds too. After what she regarded as a very fortunate escape, she reaches where she lives. But, misery doesn't leave her. she finds that the dragons that she saw in the Trog has travelled with her and is firing the surroundings. Frustrated, she kills it. But(yet again) [name] discover that she can tolerate temperatures so high. It marks the beginning of her journey- to the Trog from the Marth(name of the planet she lives) and vice versa. The transportation system which was used to travel from Marth to the other planet has also crashed(Obviously not in a normal way, due to some undiscovered reason, the spaceships are crashing midway).

The story narrates how they succeeded to survive, even in the whole danger.

* Name refers to the species living on the planet. I haven't yet managed to find a decent name for them. :(

701 Reviews

701 Reviews

Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:23 pm
View Likes
ForeverYoung299 says...

First Day

Okay so I managed to write 1000 words and managed to plan the next scene... Not a bad progress. :)

Excerpt(this is how my story begins):
Volcanoes were the absolute best and the absolute worst at the same time. They did create a great scenario but they were destructive to Marth. This was what Eliza told Cehyn who didn't like it at all.

701 Reviews

Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:30 pm
View Likes
ForeverYoung299 says...

Day 2

Managed to write 2340 words. And well, this has to be my highest number of words written in a day.

Excerpt(well, this kind of sounds insane):
She started circling as fast as she could with her deep green hands outstretched. The iron was thrown towards her. She continued circling even faster and "Aaaaaaaaaa" smash!

701 Reviews

Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:16 pm
View Likes
ForeverYoung299 says...

It's actually time to update the thread.

Day 20

Word count: 20,000
Finally got some time and I have reached my goal. Well, so most of my characters are introduced at this point. (Except the most important one :D) Now everything is being revealed one by one. Time for quotes(three because I haven't updated this thread for days...)

She felt herself being dragged by the woman’s hair. She did not dare to open her eyes. However, she was quite surprised by the fact that the hair was unlike the normal hair. Her hair was made up of bones. Cehyn imagined the skeletons being picked up from the ground and the woman’s hair being manufactured. The imagination proved to be fatal to her adrenaline as it was, without doubt, not working. She had not felt herself being so afraid in her whole lifetime. With all the abnormalities, the woman was dragging her with her along the ground. Without opening her eyes, Cehyn requested, “Leave me, I haven’t done anything. I am innocent.” Deep inside, she knew how worthless her request was.

"There are a few people in this whole world whom we respect from the innermost core of the heart and it hurts to see," Mr. Oliver's voice was deep yet brittle, "their own people disrespecting them." He looked at Cehyn. Cehyn couldn't look at his eyes, they were burning with rage and anger and worry and concern.

The forest, unlike the other forests Cehyn had ever seen in her life, was full of trees of varying colours. One or two of them were green in colour. The bright colours reflected themselves in the most weirdest way possible casuing Cehyn to put her hands on her eyes. Squinting her eyes, she tried to figure out what material the treez were made up of. "Glass!" She exclaimed. The light became brighter and seemed to be enough to make her permanently blind.

701 Reviews

Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:55 pm
View Likes
ForeverYoung299 says...

Day 26

Word Count: 25,000

It's slowly edging towards the war. I am quite excited to write the war, it's going to be the most important and the most interesting part of the novel.

Excerpt:
She observed a dragon flying from the dragonary with her own dragon. It was the most beautiful creature Cehyn had ever seen in her life. The varying shades of magenta collaborated well with each other and created a majestic dragon. The dragon flapped its wings and if Cehyn was not much mistaken, the inner sides of the dragon had so many minute designs on it. And then Cehyn noticed something else, the designs were manually carved on the dragon. To confirm that fact, Cehyn saw blood dripping from the dragon. Undoubtedly, the owner of the dragon was rude and torturous to it.

701 Reviews

Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:55 pm
View Likes
ForeverYoung299 says...

Day 29

One day left and my novel is slowly and steadily going to the war, I didn't think that it would take this much time but ah, seems like this will take quite some time to get into the war.

Word Count: 28,976

Excerpt:
Cehyn agreed and got down from her dragon. They were not even anywhere near the staircase. The cave proved to be unending. Without caring about the bumps, she sprinted towards the invisibles' dome. Soon she reached it and so did Absya. Cehyn had never seen anything called an opening that could be closed. Then she saw it. The placw had been dumped with a hundred thousand colourful rocks and the most painful thing was she had applied the same policy to trick them. The rocks were luminous rocks. "How can we open this? Dragons, try!" Absya said.

701 Reviews

Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:31 am
View Likes
ForeverYoung299 says...

Day 30

Word Count: 30,000

Finally, I have reached 30,000(it's 10,000 more than my initial goal). Anyway, thr war has finally begun and unfortunately, no one is going to win the war. I got to write some revelations today. :D

Excerpt:
"She is, if I am not wrong, the successor of the traitor." Absya said, boldly.

"What?!" Someone and Cehyn exclaimed at the same time and then Cehyn had to stop as Someone continued, "Undoubtedly, you are wrong as you yourself told."

People say I love you all the time - when they say, ‘take an umbrella, it’s raining,’ or ‘hurry back,’ or even ‘watch out, you’ll break your neck.’ There are hundreds of ways of wording it - you just have to listen for it, my dear.
— John Patrick, The Curious Savage