Young Writers Society

Platonia

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:21 pm
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

Welcome to Platonia!

That's what multiple players hear when they regain consciousness...
They find themselves in a steel room, the only other thing in it is a large flashing red button.

The voice continues to say
"Players have the choice to press the button or leave it.
If no one presses the button, all players will be terminated.
If one person and ONLY one person presses the button, all players will survive.
If more than one person presses the button everybody who pressed the button are terminated and those who didn't survive.
Good luck players."

Faced with the toughest decision of their lives what will each of the players do?

(p.s. yes i know i already made a nano topic, but im scrapping that idea and doing this one instead)
*boop*

34 Reviews

Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:18 pm
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

Player Files:

WARNING PLAYER FILES ARE ONLY ACCESSIBLE TO STAFF MEMBERS WITH LEVEL 5 CLEARANCE, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE TERMINATION

NAME: ALVIS DARWIN
PLAYER ID: 314
SEX: M
BIRTHPLACE: STOCKBRIDGE, USA

PHYSICAL APPEARANCE:
Player 461 has raven black bro flow hair, and coal black eyes framed by silver square rimmed glasses. He is extremely skinny and lacks any athletic ability.

NOTES:
461 appears to use his brain and intelligence to solve problems. He is a very closed off person and does not appear to trust others or socialize very often.
He has next to no friends or living relatives.

NAME: FOX HAYA
PLAYER ID: 180
SEX: F
BIRTHPLACE: TOKYO, JAPAN

PHYSICAL APPEARANCE:
Player 180 has shoulder length caramel brown hair with streaks of dark green, she has emerald green eyes and slightly pale skin. She is very thin and relatively tall.

NOTES:
180 has extreme acrobatic and gymnastic skill. She appears to be extremely sneaky and fast and uses these skills to help herself in life. She is extremely loyal and will protect those she cares about with her life.

NAME: ELLIS ANNA
PLAYER ID: 439
BIRTHPLACE: CALGARY, CANADA

PHYSICAL APPEARANCE:
Player 439 is relatively muscular and has wavy dirty blonde hair. He has baby blue eyes and deeply tanned skin.

NOTES:
439 appears to be extremely kind and compassionate. He is very selfless and will do anything to help others. However, he has anger management issues and very easily becomes enraged and sometimes even violent.

NAME: LIAM EVERETT
PLAYER ID: 215
BIRTHPLACE: MANCHESTER, ENGLAND

PHYSICAL APPEARANCE:
Player 215 has buzzcut silver grey hair and is extremely muscular. He has a square jaw and has purple eyes.

NOTES:
215 is very violent and unforgiving. If anyone enrages him, he will stop at nothing to either terminate or injure the person. 215 seems to lack feeling and has often been described by others as being a sociopath, though he has never officially been diagnosed as one.

NAME: CECILIA BRENNAN
PLAYER ID: 013
SEX: F
BIRTHPLACE: ATHENS, GREECE

PHYSICAL APPEARANCE:
Player 013 has high ponytail dirty blonde hair and hazel brown eyes. She has a pointy jaw and soft, olive skin.

NOTES:
013 is very kind and compassionate, however she very easily becomes anxious and nervous. She also appears to lack trust in others due to her dark past in which [REDACTED, REQUIRES LEVEL 10 CLEARANCE].
*boop*

34 Reviews

Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:10 am
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

It should also be mentioned that I'll definitely update the character files in the future and also u might want to take a closer look at them because I may or may not have hidden some things in there hehe
*boop*

34 Reviews

Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:57 am
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

Unfortunately I was very busy today and couldn't write too much :c

Word Count: 369

Novel (so far):

Chapter 1:

“Alright class, that’s all for today, make sure to read textbook pages 75-80” Alvis Darwin announces, pushing his glasses up.
The class shuffles out of the large classroom.
Alvis picks his brown leather suitcase up and exits the classroom, he steps out of the school building and walks across the beautiful campus, heading for his silver grey Honda Fit.
He slides the key into the ignition and powers it on, before hitting the road, the car travelling down the road, trees and people passing by in a blur.
He comes to a stop in front of his apartment and enters.
“Hello Alvin” the person behind the counter chirps, Alvin looks up at the counter girl, Taylor Smyth. “Hey Taylor '' Alvis waves, before stepping into the elevator, he clicks the button marked 2 and feels the elevator slowly glide up.
The elevator comes to a jerking halt and the door slides open, Alvis walks to Room 222 and slides his key card, he hears a click and opens the door, stepping into the room.
He opens his laptop and powers it on, looking at the first quiz he has to mark.
John Abel.
He begins looking through the quiz, putting down check marks and x’s.
Suddenly Alvin’s phone rings, he looks to see the caller ID.
(617) 447-1685.
Alvin picks up.
“What is it Cato?” Alvin asks.
“We have a problem at the lab sir, come down immediately.”
“What’s the problem?”
“I’ll tell you when you get here sir.”
Alvin hangs up and rushes out of the apartment building, barely having time to toss on his coat.

Fox Haya slinks through the streets of Tokyo, she’s looking for her next target. There are lots of people but none seem like easy targets. Finally she spots the perfect target. A young man in a business suit, he has thin glasses and a pointed nose, his eyes are thin and black, like the color of charcoal. He has a cigarette tucked between his teeth, smoke trails out in rings.
Fox can see the glint of his gold watch.
She rushes over and before the man even notices she has already disappeared into the crowd. In her hand is his red, leather wallet.
*boop*

34 Reviews

Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:09 pm
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

I didn't get to work on my novel yesterday cause I had a meeting from 6-8 and I got lost and basically had no time to work on it, sorry :c
*boop*

34 Reviews

Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:53 pm
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

OK i know how this looks but i PROMISE i'll work on it today, i just had a very busy past 2 days, I'm really sorry
*boop*

34 Reviews

Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:32 pm
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

Word Count: 262

Ellis Anna pushes his wavy, dirty blonde hair into place before stepping out of his one bedroom apartment. “Morning Kal” Ellis waves to his neighbour, a young man about a year older than him, Kal is Asian and has slicked back, raven black hair and a constant mischievous glint in his eyes. Kal waves back “did you rest well” Kal asks.
Ellis nods “and you?”
“Nah” Kal says “I had to stay up late studying.”
Ellis nods and steps out of the apartment, the cool wind hitting him in the face, he hops onto his skateboard and glides down the cement road, heading for the university.
Ellis kicks up his board and enters the main door, students flood in all around him.
He approaches his room. “Hey Ellis! Wait up!”
Edwin Kalil runs up to him, he is out of breath and his face is as red as a tomato. Edwin brushes a strand of his curly brown hair out of his face.
“Hey Ed” Ellis grins.
“Meet Aphrodite.” A girl stands beside Edwin, she has long jet black hair and almond shaped eyes, her skin is lightly tanned. She waves at Ellis.
“We’re dating now” Edwin smiles, throwing a muscular arm over Aphrodite’s shoulder.
Ellis releases a whistle “good for you Ed” he says, high fiving him.
“I don’t think I’ve seen you around here before” Ellis says to Aphrodite.
“Yeah, I live pretty far away.”
“So how did you two meet?”
“Family friend.”
Ellis nods “interesting, well I should head to class, catch you later?”
Edwin nods “you know it.”
*boop*

34 Reviews

Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:09 pm
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

Word Count: 0

Sorry I let you guys down again :c
*boop*

34 Reviews

Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:58 pm
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

Word Count: 154 (not the best but it's progress)

The crowd erupts in screams.
"Take 'im down!"
"Come on get up!"
"Damn you!"
Liam throws another punch to the poor guy's ribs.
The guy collapses on the floor, coughing up blood.
"Hey Zeke, you alright?"
Liam asks, stopping the constant punching for a second.
Zeke nods and Liam goes right back into the action, throwing punch after punch.
A few moments later Zeke is being carried away by his coach.
"Good luck lad" Liam's coach Donald grins heartily at him.
"How much did we make," Liam asks, stepping out of the iron cage.
"Oh y'know, just a small sum of 800 pounds."
Donald gives Liam his cut of the money, before helping him out of the arena.
People in the crowd either cheering at him or booing at him, depending on who they placed their bets on.
Liam gets into his car and starts the engine, before driving down the rain slick road.
*boop*

34 Reviews

Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:07 am
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

Word Count: 423

TW: Kidn@pping

Cecilia Brennan ties her dirty blonde hair into a ponytail and begins drumming her fingers on the cash counter. It’s a slow day at the grocery store and there aren’t many customers so there isn’t much for her to do. An old lady pushes a shopping cart towards Cecilia. “Hello” the old lady smiles. Cecilia smiles back “thank you for shopping at Kroger” she says, beginning to bad the woman’s items. She finishes placing all the items into the bags and hands them over to the old lady who drops a few crinkly bills onto the counter before leaving the store. Cecilia checks her watch and, realizing that it’s time for her lunch break, closes off her counter and heads outside.
She finds a park bench and begins to eat her sandwich.
Suddenly a large white van pulls up in front of her and two masked men step out.

Alvis steps into the large white laboratory, the fluorescent lights gleaming off the walls and floor.
He rushes to Cato’s cubicle “what is it Cato?” He asks. Cato looks up at him “I’m sorry sir” he says.
“What do you mean?” Alvis asks, a puzzled look crossing his face. “I had no choice,” Cato smiles. Suddenly Alvis feels someone grab him from behind and blindfold him, he tries to scream but a hand clamps over his mouth.

Fox walks down the street, suddenly she hears sirens behind her, whipping around she spots a police car tailing her, she quickly ducks into an alleyway and bumps head first into two large masked men.

Alvis slowly regains consciousness, he is in a large padded room, everything is white, the walls, floor, ceiling, door, everything. In the room there is a white bed with white sheets and a white pillow. There is a singular light fixture on the ceiling and a cupboard that is painted white, on the cupboard is a vase of white lilies. On the wall of the room is some sort of landscape. He spots a security camera in the upper corner of the room, near the door.

Ellis looks around the padded white room “hello!? Where am I!?” He calls, but no one responds, he walks over to the door and tries opening it but it is locked and looks like it is made of steel, there’s no way he can break it.

“Hey you bastards!” Liam shouts at the security camera “get me out of here!” There is no response, he tries punching through the door, which does not seem to work.
*boop*

34 Reviews

Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:51 pm
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

(I wasn't able to update this because I was camping but this is my word count from yesterday)

Word Count: 135

Cecilia looks around the steel room, suddenly a voice echoes through the room, startling her.

“Welcome to Platonia!” Alvis looks around the room, trying to find the source of the voice. "Players have the choice to press the button or leave it.
If no one presses the button, all players will be terminated.
If one person and ONLY one person presses the button, all players will survive.
If more than one person presses the button everybody who pressed the button will be terminated and those who didn't survive.
Good luck players."
Alvis turns to look back at the glowing red button.

“Oh you sick bastards,” Liam snarls. He looks at the red button. He figures that if there are other players someone else will click it. Suddenly he notices a countdown timer.
48:00:00
*boop*

34 Reviews

Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:55 pm
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

Word Count: 139 (kinda disappointed ngl)

Cecilia stares at the red button, her hand itches to press it but she doesn’t want to risk it. She slowly walks over to the button, almost as if being too loud will kill her. She slowly reaches her hand towards the button but then stops. No. She shouldn’t press it. What if she dies? But what if nobody else presses it? How does she even know there are other players? She should press it, yeah, that’s probably best. No. She can’t risk it. But would it be riskier to not press it?

Ellis laughs “what is this? Some kind of sick joke? I mean, I think kidnapping me was a little too far but hey, who am I to judge right? Where are the camera crews? Where’s John Quiñones?
*boop*

You know that place between sleep and awake, that place where you still remember dreaming? That’s where I’ll always love you. That’s where I’ll be waiting.
— J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan