[NaNo 2021] - An Anachronistic Aye

4095 Reviews

Reviews: 4095
Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:23 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

An Anachronistic Aye

Premise/ Pitch/ Brain Splooge

Susan and Daphne Danvers, along with Jessica Summers are killed in a car crash. This isn't your ordinary car crash however. For one the car crashed due to a meteorite impact, and second, this car crash wasn't supposed to happen. An oversight by a novice time travel team caused a temporal anomaly to have a cascading effect causing multiple anomalies which eventually cause this car crash.

This sets off multiple alarms in the Underworld as their systems detect a death that wasn't happened supposed to happen. While deaths happening at the wrong time as a result of simple anomalies are frequent enough to be called common and often warrant little action, this is a warning the likes of which they've never seen before for two reasons.

This was caused by a ridiculous number of small anomalies, in a chain of events so large, they assumed the probability to be negligible.

As the icing on the cake, this trio also happen to be very important to the future of their home planet Earth [Dimension 28]. Their untimely deaths have a very high probability of causing humanity's untimely extinction.

This all means one Jason Hardy, Celestial of Death has a very big headache on Sunday morning. He calls in his siblings, Harry and Jennifer, to figure out some way to fix it. The two assume it'll be a time consuming but relatively simple and straightforward rewrite of the timeline to flow as it's meant to. However, they run into a small problem.

Billions of years ago when the underworld was being formed, due to the likelihood of this event occurring being effectively zero, Harry jokingly added a clause to the rules of death which meant that the three souls cannot be returned to the land of the living unless they pass through seven trials.

Harry originally assumes that it can just be changed but Jason refuses, stating that the law of the dead, if changed would cause unnecessary chaos that they simply don't need. Humanity is just one species among millions after all. They're not worth the risk.

Harry then sets out to ensure that this mess is sorted out, taking full responsibility for causing it as a result of his prank. Jennifer, unlike Jason, decides to help out. They start by rescuing the girls from the Rethe where they souls had been stuck in limbo due to the nature of their deaths. Harry also dispatches a pair of trusted friends, Temporal Manipulation master Vankuos Frostification and Stean Stakes to edit the timeline as required and generally hold it all together. He then assigns the three girls to the task of ridding the timeline of an increasingly annoying group of meddling time travellers.

Their first mission, gather intelligence from an anachronistic crew of pirates terrorizing the seas of Vantaxia 42, a usually peaceful planet. Harry proceeds to grant the girls powers in order to help their trials along but Susan reacts badly to the infusion and ends up accidentally banished to the ether. As a result she ends up in an unusual state of limbo that Harry then teaches her to control and use as a power.

The girls have to process everything that they'd just found out about the universe at large, master a set of brand new powers and then muster the ability to somehow infiltrate and gather information from a group of rather unsavory individuals.

Meanwhile Vankous and Stean have to start by looking for the beginning of the time travel anomalies.

Harry sends another trained time travel agent and trusted friend James Bonlark to keep an eye on the girls without interfering because doing so could lead to the trials being invalidated. Harry and Jennifer are a bit too busy with other matters to help out, nor can they do so without causing any issues with the laws so Jennifer settles for being a ghostly presence near the girls whenever she's free while Harry decides to help Vankous and Stean.

Can the girls gather the information they need and survive in one piece on their first trial of DALSAFCEA? [Deaths Affecting Large Scale Anomalies From Cascading Effect Anachronisms] I'm working on a better name for that Will James and Jennifer manage to restrain themselves from actively helping? Can Harry, Vankous and Stean trace the cause of this unprecedented chain of anomalies, is it really as simple as an oversight by a novice team?

Other Stuff

This is a ridiculously complicated plot and so its gonna be a lot longer than the tentative 25k word count target I have, but I hope to be able to write at least that much and make a start on it. Its been in the planning stage for a while now and the more I write silly shorts of rp's with these characters, the more excited I am to dive into things here.

I plan on featuring maybe four, or five POV's. The three girls almost certainly will get individual POV's. James and Jennifer are most likely not going to get POV's that are consistent, they might get a chapter or two here and there but not very often cause they will be mostly just hidden in the background in this story.

Harry, Vankous and Stean most likely will get POV's or at least Harry will, with the other two maybe getting the odd chapter.

Genre will be Sci Fi/ Action of course with the afterlife mechanics, superpowers and time travel all being thrown into the mix admits much shenanigans and fight scenes for both the girls and the trio hunting the anomalies down. There is of course going to be undercurrents of romance because well...that's how it is apparently, although this is a bit different. All of my stories so far have featured best friends who are in a kind of dancing around each other a bit...but this one will have Daphne and Jessica who where both in a pretty strong relationship for a couple of years at the time of their death and Susan who will get lots of crushes on everyone before she finally gets herself a girl...although that one is [redacted] for the moment. Mostly cause I haven't decided yet

So yeah...the underworld is very well fleshed out already, these characters also have been fleshed out really nicely. I will be concocting a roleplay potentially involving pirates set in Vantaxia to flesh out that setting...
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

4095 Reviews

Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:42 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Characters - The Bucketload of Protagonists

Susan Reyana Danvers

Sue is one of my absolute favorite creations. She's best described as a very nerdy and very gay mess most of the time. She starts out as a bit of a cinnamon roll, who happens to be a bit too trusting of others. She's very shy when it comes to interacting with anyone but especially so when pretty girls are involved. Sue's also prone to blurting out random facts. Over the course of the series, she will learn a bit more about the darker side of the world and learn to trust people less and gain a bit of confidence. She will always and forever be an adorable mess though.

For her appearance here's a direct copy paste from a roleplay: She's exactly 5 feet tall (not a millimeter/ 0.039 inches) more than that. Shoulder length bright red hair (outrageously red to the point that someone would be skeptical if its real). Blue eyes. She's about average size for her age, not muscular but not exactly a walking skeleton either. She's also very pale.

She's stuck wearing this long pale white dress that they put her in when she died. Sue can never really change out of it, but a few select spells by Harry does make it so that all those who see here will see her wearing what they consider to be normal clothes. Of course when you travel through time, enchantments are occasionally finicky so expect some shenanigans on that note.

History wise, I haven't done much. She's had a pretty normal life, all things considered, and it doesn't play too much into her story arc. The only part of "history" that will plague her are the parents she left behind when she died and the ones she wants to return to.

Ability wise, Sue was to be infused with a fire based power situation concocted by Harry, but something went wrong. Perhaps it was her age [17] being a bit volatile, maybe she was hurt a little too badly in her accident, whatever it was her body was flung into the Ether, a primordial goo in the underworld and she nearly dissolved. Jennifer pulled her out but her form was stuck in an uncontrollable limbo between fully corporeal and fully intangible and invisible. Her mind survived luckily, but she was completely unable to maintain a form. Jennifer then infused here with a touch of her own celestial energy, which gave her just enough control over reality to control her own body and change from intangible, invisible to solid at well...in theory. Its a skill that will take her some time to master completely.

She will however go on to eventually be known as The Phantom, but that's a story for another NaNo at another time.

Daphne Leanna Danvers

Daphne is much like Sue. She's her older sister after all, and while Sue's 17, Daph's 18. Daph is not quite as much of a nerd as Sue is, nor is she quite as nervous around people. She's a bit better able to handle herself and isn't quite as naive as Sue can sometimes be. Daph is basically a slightly less shy and older version of Sue...kind of. She's got a few more factors that make her different, but yeah.

A description of her, also copy pasted from a roleplay: She's 5 4", and pretty skinny. She weighs like barely 95 pounds and looks like a strong wind might blow her away. She doesn't eat too much because she rarely ever remembers too usually being engrossed in some topic that she's researching. She has fiery red hair that she keeps at about shoulder length (when someone reminds her to cut it) and that clashes horribly with her eyes that are a bright electric blue that's a few shades lighter so its almost bordering on dark cyan. Her hair is never tied up. Daph also has this annoying pimple on her nose that she's somehow been unable to get rid of so long that she suspects that it might be something else. She is also rather pale cause of being well..dead.

Her clothes also work the same way, although the outfit she's stuck in forever happens a to be a dark cyan dress, not white, cause of course she was buried in her favorite color :D

Her powers are electricity and air based. It was a successful transfer of powers by Harry, which gives her the ability to well control air and anything with charge. She's going to start out with little gusts of wind and tiny shocks, but once mastered, her powers allow her the ability to fly, and control electricity so precisely she can destabilize the neurons firing in a brain.

She will go on to be known as The Lightning Queen although she personally likes to call herself Princess Positron.

Jessica Grace Summers

Jessica, the actual mature person of the trio. She's also 18. Jess has been through a few more hardships in life. Her father died when she was twelve, and her mother initially wasn't as supportive as the Danvers' were with her sexuality. Its taught her to be a bit more careful with people, and just generally think things through a lot more, a thing that will save the other two from trouble countless times. She's a bit more serious in general, but with around those she trust, she does tend to let lose a bit.

Her Appearance, which sadly I have not gotten down in a roleplay is...uhh, she stands at a hair over six feet. She's a bit more solidly built than the other two, but she isn't exactly muscular. Her hair is brown, and it is pretty long although she does tie it up most of the time. Her eyes are a piercing green color. And then the paleness and the dress is all the same for similar reason. Her dress, however, is black.

And powers...finally....she was gifted control over ice by Jennifer. She's a proper ice witch, able to do all sorts of things with the stuff, including well actually most of the other states of water to, but she is limited to just water, and not any other liquid. She is the fastest to grasp her powers, with it all coming a bit more intuitively to her than the other two.

She will eventually be known as The Ice Queen...because I'm terrible at naming superheroes and anyway, that's also a story for another day.

Harrison Havard Hardy

Harry, Harry, Harry, my very first character, and my proudest creation. He started out as a 12 year old kid who woke up in the middle of a godzilla attack with the ability to control the four elements. He's now evolved into being my centerpiece, the first being of my entire writing universe. As the first celestial, and the most powerful being in all of existence, he is one third of Kalvukira, the entity responsible for the creation and sustaining of one half of reality known as the dark realm. As the strongest of the thirds, he's the controller of the sphere of darkness and is the physical embodiment of said darkness.

Aka, he's suuper, duuuper OOOOP and I love him. My username is probably a clue. He's come a long way, and lived a long, and not always great life so as we see him in this story, he's someone who has finally taken his responsibilities seriously and really wants to correct the situation his own silly prank has put these girls into.

He's someone who knows exactly what he's capable of and acts the part. He jokes around a lot and generally is calm and collected no matter what the situation. He's best described as a teenager, who happens to be immortal. He's most often a teenager, a carefree fun loving teenager, but when the time comes, well, his true name is literally "The Darkness"....and that name is very well deserved.

And now for a description with the help of a roleplay:

Well that's variable...he's a shapeshifter...and his original form is definitely not making an appearance here (he's like bigger than a universe)...so I'll go with his go to day to day look which he uses around most people.

He likes to be around 5' to 5' 4", most probably 5' 4" because in his own words "its the perfect height for hugging". He's got very pale skin that has a slightly bluish tent thanks to his blue blood. Lines, much like veins run all over his batter in translucent patches of lighter skin, and these glue blow whenever he's hit with some object or he's generating some power. His face has six of these including two that run through the eyes and his palms have two large patches the lines lead to.

He likes to maintain a pretty lean look, looking like he can barely lift anything just for an extra bit of surprise. Most of his joints are also double jointed and if anyone in there can hear heartbeats and whatnot, they'll notice he has two hearts.

The most standout feature is probably his 20-22 foot wings, that are blue, and they are feathered. His hair is naturally dark cyan and I don't see him ever changing that because he loves the color. He usually shrinks these when he fold them so that they only stick out around half a hoot above his head when folded.

Then his eyes...so...where its usually white in humans, his eyes are blue...while the actual irises are dark cyan. And these irises tend to glow when he's using his powers although he usually wears blue tinted glasses to cover those. He also has two sets of eyelids, one regular, and one translucent set that closes horizontally.

His hair is generally around shoulder length and hanging loose, probably tangled and a mess unless his sister got to him with a brush (she did in this case) and he'll be wearing his usual suit which is a bit like a large onesie, but tighter and without a hood. Its completely blue and packed with a few...fun surprises.

His powers...well I won't get too much into what he's capable of or we'll be here all day.

Jennifer Rose Hardy

Jennifer is Harry...but female...pretty much. She's a little more mischievous than he is and tends to be a bit more nonchalant with authority. She is however a bit more mature than he is...she's more like an immortal twenty year old who occasionally taps into her teenage self.

She's also one third of Kalvukira, her domain being the cold. She's the third most powerful being in existence, behind Harry and her uncle who I'm sure we'll be talking about in another NaNo in another time.

Her appearance, also from a roleplay is: She likes to be around 5' 2", but besides that her appearance is essentially the same but just female. The differences would be that her suit is hot pink and her veins and eyes also tend to glow hot pink. They're technically identical twins....but not really cause they weren't born...just a loong bit of backstory there....don't worry about it too much.

OKay yeah...its kind of nearly the same as Harry...did I mention they are practically the same sometimes?

Jason Benjamin Hardy

Ben, I see a pattern now...but it is kind of intentional? But yes, to put it mathematically, because I have a math exam coming up next week and I might as well study for it at every opportunity.

Sue = Harry, Daph = Jen.

We assume that Sue + Daph + Jess = My kind of trio and we know that Harry + Jen + Ben = Definitely my kind of trio.

Therefore can say that Ben = Jess

Okay...for those of you that aren't big maths nerds, that means that Ben is the more mature one. He's much more of a stickler for the rules than Jess though. He's also very serious, almost a bit too much and rarely ever lets himself relax. He doesn't pay that big of a part in the story, so I won't talk for too much longer on him.

His powers and whatnot will basically remain irrelevant to this piece...and as for his appearance, allow me to introduce the notion that this trio are like triplets and hence also identical except of course...these minor differences as I mention is...roleplay...of course...

He prefers to remain at around 6' 2" and he's got a much more muscular frame, he definitely looks a lot more than a superhero from a movie. His skin has a more greenish tint to it than blue and his wings are also a bright emerald green. He also usually has pretty short hair, usually barely an inch long and its always neatly combed.

Vankous Eon Frostification

Ahhh, Vankous, another one of my favorites to write. I think he's best summed up in this description I made for...no one gets a prize for guessing..a roleplay.

Pretty lazy when its comes to most things. Likes to do things with the least amount of effort so he's magic for like everything ever. Loves discovering things and solving mysteries and that is about the only then that can get him actually active. Does not take situation very seriously unless things go super wrong. Very fond of puns.

So yeah, he's a very powerful wizard, and this version of him has been with Harry and the rest of the gang known as The Alpha pack for many a millennium and is at his most powerful. This means his laziness is at a absolute maximum. He also has a slightly vain streak about him.

As for his appearance, its time for yet another copy paste: Around 5 7" or 5 9". Messy black hair that he never bothers to comb so its a permanent rat's nest. Strikingly bright purple eyes. Wears glasses. Is usually wearing a labcoat at all times and is armed with several calculators. Quite thin and skinny. He's weak for his species and said species is weaker than the average human so this dude would struggle to lift 10 pounds.

So he's a walking stick person that happens to be very undestimatable at first glance. But of course...he's the most powerful magic user in existence, master of the temporal arts and also very, very good with telepathy and telekinesis. One does not mess lightly with or he shalt turn thee into a radioactive pink bunny [long story, don't ask]. Also I totally slipped into character thee for the last line

He goes by Doctor Cerebro.

Stean Sydney Stakes

Stean...ahh, another one of the few folks that keep The Alpha Pack from being a chaotic mess. He's someone that acts according to his biological age..which is around late twenties but of course he has lived for well into the thousands. He knows when to keep it light, but he's usually fairly mature in how he goes about things and is very professional. He has a proper passion for his job and unlike most, his goal since childhood was to be a superhero and a keeper of peace, so he treats it all very much like a serious job.

His appearance...ahhh.. I can't believe I never made a proper cp for him, although I have used him in a roleplay or two.

Anyway, he's around 5 10'. Fairy tall...has some pretty defined muscle, he's no bodybuilder, but you know the dude works out. He has somewhat long, but not really long, four inchish hair, that happens to be blonde. His eyes are green, a brilliant almost neon ish green. For being a Notpyrkian he is pretty humanoid and similar but of course he's wayyyy stronger. Basically think Superman levels of power and you've got what I'm talking about. It is very obvious....his planet Notpyrk is literally Krypton backwards, I wasn't being all that subtle there when I first created him and the name's kinda stuck with me He's of course not got the ridiculous ensemble of powers Superman, just the strength speed and general durability. Stean's power lies in extreme manipulation of light rays, aka lasers...hot, cool, deadly.

His superhero name is of course Lazerbeam, cause like I mentioned earlier, I am terrible at this.

James Torin Bonlark

James, my solitary human representative on The Alpha Pack. The poor guy often gets a a bit of slack for having no powers, but he has been granted effective biological immortality and stays on a team with the most powerful beings in all of existence for a very good reason.

This is his personality from yet another roleplay:

Generally a follower of the rules, he really tries hard to do things in the way that they should be done and even under a lot of pressure he will always try to go by the rules. However, he does have a extraordinarily short fuse and sometimes some pretty mundane things can set him off but its usually in very short bursts and he isn't one to hold a grudge unless someone seriously wrongs him. Also pretty insecure about himself, always trying to prove himself. Very hardworking and is not one to give up even when things are really tough.

Umm...the insecurity mentioned there has all but faded in this version of James, but old habits tend to die hard so expect that to make an appearance.

His descriptions, also provided via roleplay cp:

Around 6 1" or 6 3". Neatly combed black hair. Pretty average looking brown eyes. Always wearing a pair of sunglasses if he can get away with it. Usually wears a full suit outfitted with all sorts of fun gadgets. Its well...basically, imagine James Bond...subtle reference I know but with a lot of devices like Batman, except these are very powerful and much more lethal. He's very strong, although not quite at the level of someone like a professional strongman, he could at his maximum deadlift a good 500lb. Also quite fast, as in about as fast if not faster than Usain Bolt kind of fast.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

4095 Reviews

Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:24 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Characters - The Tiny Sprinkling of Questionable Villains

Sacira Fitagan Sanders

She is the captain of the pirate ship that our girls are going to be sneaking onto and trying to gather information from. Will she be more important to the plot besides simply this role? Potentially, I haven't fully decided yet. I didn't go tooo in depth for these folks cause this NaNo target will probably not see me write enough to the point we get to meet them, cause you know...it's 25k. Umm, I do have some basic backstory in mind for them and sort of their motivations down I think.

She's going to be a tough captain but a fair one. Not really "evil" I mean..let's face it none of my villains are actually evil, but this especially so, she's just someone carrying out orders..or is she? We don't know, but yeah.

Appearances are yet to be finalized, but I'm thinking along the lines of a pretty buff looking almost seven foot kind of look with long green hair. Something like that. New characters for me are always a bit fuzzy, cause their look doesn't develop for some time...and these villains are much newer than the protagonists, all of whom have been stewing for a while.

Tom Klorgen Snifora

He's the first mate of our crew of pirates. He will also play a relatively major role in this. Just a general good person I think, maybe doing something that's a little illegal because he doesn't know its illegal. Its complicated, but yeah. He's a pretty motivated person that does his job pretty well and takes it rather seriously. But he does know how to keep his crew in good spirits and crack a joke or two.

All I know for this one is, that he's going to be around medium ish height, and a bit skinny. Probably will also have green hair, but a wee bit shorte, something around shoulder height while Sacira will have much longer hair.

Then we just have crew members, some of whom I've thought of names for, but most of them will just get names as I write, cause they will most likely just be extras in this massive play.

Clark

Kelsey

Jarkakoto

Brigitalora
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

4095 Reviews

Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:26 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Worldbuilding - The Underworld

General

The Underworld as it is rather creatively named or The Afterlife, another equally creative name, is the universe's largest pocket dimension, one which stretches from one end of the Dark Realm to the other, making it almost half the size of a genuine full sized dimension.

Inside of this dimension, various planets, each positioned pretty far apart from one another house the various categories of the dead. These range from the areas dedicated to punishing those that did wrong, areas for more or less neutral folks and the myriad of locations set aside for those who did good. The only section of the dead absent from this dimension are those that did a looot of good across multiple lifetimes or those that did the worst most horrific crimes imaginable across multiple lifetime. The "good" people exist in their own private dimension at the heart of the light realm although there are easy access points between the two. That place is called "The Retirement Home". Another very creative name. The place for the "bad" people is on another isolated pocket dimension known as "The Land of the Eternally Bound".

The ruling section of The Underworld, lies towards its center and it radiates out in large rings, going from the punishing areas towards the center to the more paradise like parts at the furthest corners.

Now moving onto the specific parts. I will only talk of locations where scenes of this story are expected to take place, because you know...otherwise, there are a literally a million different places and this post will be ridiculously long.

The Undead Router

This is where the start takes place pretty much. Its where 10,000 minor demons man the phone lines of the damned as they monitor incoming traffic aka folks who die. This is divided into multiple sections based on categories of species, ranging from dominant species of planets to prominent secondary species all the way to minor life forms and microorganisms.

In one single section, there's around a thousand or so people, monitoring automated feeds that track and log each death, including details such as time, place, cause and even a short temporal video recording of the event should it be required in the event of a court case. Long story These machines will also flag each death with a specific code. There is usually the code [000] which means a completely normal, natural death happening at the time it was meant to. These codes go up in number all the way up to [059] which are the first of the codes that require action. These are rare enough that the 1000 people on duty usually get only one of these per minute. These are deaths which have little to no bearing on the timeline caused by intentional and approved changes to the timeline. Usually an operator barely has to notice these.

The ones where action is genuinely required is code [074] which is deaths that cause significant timed change as a result of non intentional but approved timeline changes. It goes up from there until we reach code [099] which is the one for this case here. Its the rarest and deadliest requiring the most action.

And so that's about it. Its basically a massive hall, about the size of your average public exam hall. Its lined with all sorts of equipment covering each and every wall, with the center being left bare. Its a pretty comfortable place, there's carpets all over the place and it's air conditioned. The shifts for each of these minor demons range from 1 to 2 hours. They don't have to keep for too long cause this is a job which requires each person to be at their best to avoid causing any mishaps. I won't go into detail about the equipment, cause it will be described later.

The Palace of Death

This is the official residence of one Jason Benjamin Hardy, although of course he doesn't technically live there, not anymore. Its is a...well, massive castle that spreads across the confines of a literal moon sized planetoid. Its a properly imposing structure defended to the absolute brim. We won't spend too too much time here, but its a cool little place where official that require a decision by the Prince of Death are taken, where rules are decided upon and court cased between people who are deceased are fought. This is also where most of the higher ranking demons in charge of various areas also have their residences if they haven't chosen to live in private castles on the various sections they oversee.

The Damned Book Collection

The largest library in existence. This houses the work of every deceased author, with a book being added to the collection every time an author dies. Its a cheerful little haven among the dead. Its on one of the largest planets, along with several other recreational areas we won't visit in this story, but this library is a place that Susan especially visits a number of times in this story. Its got a fairly cosy interior with of course a side of the usual chilliness and dark aesthetic that is part and parcel of this being the underworld.

The Rethe

A sort of stasis chamber for souls flagged with any code higher than 059. The souls need to be cleared in order to pass and who needs to clear them depends on the level of code. In the case of this book's code 099, only Jason, Harry or Jennifer has the authority to clear the three girls.

It is essentially a large section of void that exists in the space between the central planetoid that houses the planet and the first ring of punishment planetoids. Its basically a whole lot of nothing, just a lot of empty space that has essentially nothing but a positive cocktail of spells that let it function. The spells on it do make it so that any dead folks passing through And everyone does, its just that only the few that are flagged stay behind will see it as a flash of the most brilliant white light, the power of a million interwoven spell chains reflecting off of one another.

The Ether

Another void like spot, this one encompasses the outermost portions of the underworld. Its the natural choke point for all things tossed out of the planetoids in the underworld. Its sort of like the universe's biggest filter, catching and containing any and all parts belonging to the underworld where each thing will be grounded down into pure energy over time, even souls, so if you yeet yourself off by accident, well that's the end of you...you will become pure energy.

This is once again mostly empty space filled with a cocktail of spells, this time made of much more destructive energy which gives anyone in it a look at some pure genuine darkness.

The Dalsaf Sea

A planetoid situated on the outermost ring of the underworld. This section contains planetoids meant to house those who die deaths either at times they shouldn't or for reasons they shouldn't have until they can be returned to the land of the living or a suitable replacement for their impact in history can be found.

The Dalsaf Sea is one of the newer sections its still billions upon billions of years old but comparatively newer and was unoccupied until these three moved in. The name Dalsaf Sea also comes from the previous acronym, only the C is switched out for a S to make it sound more like a location cause Harry thought it worked...spoiler alert, it just ends up being confusing, cause while there is an actual sea on the planet, calling the planet itself a sea just is a recipe for disaster and confusion.

Its a cozy little place, the smallest planetoid on that ring, being about the size of a large asteroid, which just one tiny town and nothing much. They were expecting literally no one to be staying there, cause of how negligibly low the probability of someone ending up there was. This means it has literally four tiny two room single storey houses that have no furnishing and just are bland. There is also no one to oversee and its kind of just a blank slate of sorts. Later it will get some renovations so that the girls can move in an actually for there for some time. They will have to spend a decent chunk of time here in before, in between and after their seven trials. It will be sort of their little base camp and will evolve quite a lot over the course of the story.

Demonica Academia Section 27

Last but not the least, this is the training ground that is used to help the girls master their powers. Its a little ways in from their home, on the third ring from the last, one of four rings used to train demons for active duty in the various parts of the underworld. This is one of the less occupied training areas that will end up being fully vacated for use by the girls.

Its a pretty standard training ground. There are a few buildings with indoor equipment, and outdoor area for everything from physical training to training involving superpowers and magic. The girls of course only use the superpower section. Its also a planetoid on the smaller scale of things.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

4095 Reviews

Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:42 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Worldbuilding - Other Places We Spend a lot of Time In

The Pillager

The pirate ship that the girls have to infiltrate and remain on board of for the duration of their first trial.

It is a massive four masted carrack retrofitted to work based on two miniature nuclear fusion engines mounted below decks. It's sails have been replaced with maneuverable shape changing shields that are made of a non newtonian metallic fluid that's basically just like big bags of liquid metal that can flow into various shapes and like well non newtonian fluids its shear thickening which means the moment something hits is, it becomes solid and well, blocks it. Its obviously not any earth based fluid, cause none of the ones we have can stop canon balls without being unnaturally thick, but this fluid is strong enough that it only needs to be two inches thick.l

It has a top speed of 80 knots which is unnaturally fast for a ship that massive but thos engines coupled with fluted metal fittings over the top of the ships's wooden frame, giving it a far more aerodynamic shape, allows it to reach these speeds.

The ship is also fitted with an autopilot, although it is not smart enough to be called an AI. The ship's standard armament of multiple rows of canon on gun decks have been replaced by several plasma machine canons capable of dishing out 10,000 rounds a minute of very hot, very dangerous rounds. At its center, there's a large 2FM62 rail gun capable of firing at 6 rounds a minute. It works by firing a 2ft projectile at Mach 62 to pulverize entire ships with pure kinetic energy.

The ship's hull has been lightly armored with metal plating, but they did skimp a lot on the armor because the ship's competition are simply far too slow and with canons that are much too weak to pose much of a threat.

There's a crew of 20 on board the ship. It has the usual four decks that a carrack has although the furnishing inside are a lot more luxurious than usual. The crew of course is also tiny compared to what an actual carrack back in the day had.

The ship has a displacement of nearly 2000 tons, almost double a normal large warship of its size due to all the extra equipment on board.

There are several important rooms in here, including the cabin where our girls are going to have to stay, some private areas where maps and such are stored that these girls will have to break into. I won't go into too too much detail there, not just yet.

The Antiquark

The Antiquark is one of the seventeen "lifeboats" on board the main ship that acts as a mobile base across time and space for The Alpha Pack, which is the team that Harry leads. This is Jason's personal life boat, the largest and slowest of the bunch. They picked this ship for the trio to use in their investigation mostly because it was the only big enough for three people.

The Antiquark is 7014th Century state of the art ATCV (All Terrain Combat Vehicle) with a few tiny modifications made by Jason himself. It runs on two SFF - 12 (Star Fire Fusion model of year 701,312) which is basically an engine which continuously creates and destroys miniature stars and used the resulting gravitons to generate kinetic energy..its a....advanced system shall we say). It allows the ship using a EJMMEB (Einstein-Jixana Mobile Mass Equilibrium Bubble - basically a thing which is basically a fancy cheat code to break the laws of physics) to reach speeds of upto 4BP or 4 billion times the speed of light, which makes it very efficient for travel within universes although that is too slow for use across any large distance.

It's a very durable ship, armed with an array of the latest cutting edge weaponry. I won't go into too much detail there, but basically it can vaporize most planets with the larger weapons on board.

Its pretty small by large spaceship standards, but still pretty big, coming in at about the size of your average schoolbus. This is where Harry, Vankous and James will conduct their mission to get to the bottom of the cascading effect anachronism.

Milky Way Asteroid Belt Section D-16

This is the asteroid belt where the anachronism's final form took place breaking off a chunk that would eventually become the meteor that would kill the girls. This is where they spend a lot of time running around through time and space trying to map out the original point of this meteor and looking for any clues as to what this was caused by and investigating the novice time crew that supposedly set this chain off by accident.

It is well...an asteroid belt. Just big rocks floating in the darkness of space, between ol' Jupiter and Mars.

Genfale

The town in Mars they end up tracking some debris down to and where their investigation sort of properly begins. Its a fairly sleepy town just nestled in a cozy valley in a Martian mountain range.

WIth a population of around 400, it isn't much, but it has most of the basic things required for a functioning society including a temple of worship for the Martian sun god, a police precinct for MIDG (Martian Internal Defence Group) affectionately called Midgets. It also has a couple of movie theatres and a bank.

That's mostly it for that, well besides the cemetery...oh and the school. Yeah, its just a small and almost fully sufficient town out among the mountainous Martian wilderness. Its a place for folks who prefer to live that simple but slightly adventurous type of life.

Little Wingota

The only port of call for The Pillager, a small fishing town off the coast of Rinxirata, the smallest country of Vantaxia 42. It is one of the first places the pirate crew captured. All its inhabitant population of 156 were chased out, well save for about 6 that were killed trying to fight. It's tiny port along with a few warehouses were levelled and converted into a massive dry dock to repair and maintain the pillager. The rest of the houses were converted into living places for the 20 crew. The school and cinema were converted to storage facilities.

The tavern was converted into a full on restaurant and the police outpost was turned into a sort of office building for the ship's captain. Its basically just a town for the crew of the Pillager to catch some rest when not at sea and the ship needs repairs or has to be fitted with new upgrades brought in from the future.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

4095 Reviews

Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:00 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Sneak peak at the basic design of The Antiquark.

Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

4095 Reviews

Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:45 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Day 1

Daily Word Count

An Anachronistic Aye: 1,144/834
The Sorcerers of Hisderat: 1,645/1,500

Remaining Word Count for Target

An Anachronistic Aye: 23,856
The Sorcerers of Hisderat: 43,355

Total Word Count of Story

An Anachronistic Aye: 1,144
The Sorcerers of Hisderat: 77,570

Remaining Word Count for Approximate Story Target

An Anachronistic Aye: 298,856
The Sorcerers of Hisderat: 42,430

Favorite out of context quote for the day:

It’s a surfboard on top of a clock

"Demon monkeys were also involved"

Favorite excerpt of the day:

Spoiler! :
The ship completes its slow turn, and moves a bit to the left and a bit to the right. It seems the captain of the ship is lining his ship up on whatever trajectory he intends to set course along. Sure enough, the engines roar to life, silent amidst the vacuum of space, but vibrating rather loudly to its occupants. The fans within the engines spin up to speed, a hyper fast chemical reaction creates a cascading flow of matter and soon, a white trail of particles and gas hurtles out the back of the six engines in unison.

The Timesurfer lurches forward, accelerating rather quickly off to its destination. The gas particles that were just hurtled out the back of the thin tube of the engine’s exhaust continues its violent path in the vacuum of space, heading towards the asteroids.

The gas hits the asteroid and dissipates against it. It’s a fairly large asteroid, about the size of your average twenty first century automobile. Predictably this means that the mass of the gas is far too low to have a significant impact on the trajectory of the meandering asteroid continuing along its merry orbit.

Spoiler! :
“Demon monkeys were also involved,” added Rose.

“Yeah, I think they played a pretty big part too,” said Harry, “fair enough.”

“Demon monkeys and evil trapped ghosties,” said Terry, “and that was the first riddle, which means I guess the next riddle is likely to be an even harder one.”

“I won’t contest that,” said Harry.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

4095 Reviews

Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:46 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Day 2

Daily Word Count

An Anachronistic Aye: 1,139/823
The Sorcerers of Hisderat: 1,724/1,495

An Anachronistic Aye: 22,717
The Sorcerers of Hisderat: 41,631

An Anachronistic Aye: 2,283
The Sorcerers of Hisderat: 79,294

An Anachronistic Aye: 297,717
The Sorcerers of Hisderat: 40,706

None today for AAA...its a pretty sad scene...and its just...yeah

"Sneaky, effective and stylish. That’s a good combination"

Spoiler! :
Inside the Giadar, chaos reigned as their comfortable silence was suddenly broken by the impact of the meteorite. The meteorite had come down on them all so fast that the inbuilt collision detection system which was supposed to go off even if a crew flew a bit too low to the Giadar hadn’t triggered at all, and so the rock of doom had come plummeting out of the sky and onto the road.

The girls had already started to nod off as the transport had settled into its motion and even Mrs. Danvers was half asleep. Mr. Danvers had been humming a light tune to himself as he let the autopilot do all the work and was contemplating a nap himself. The impact had caused him to jump up in his seat as the seatbelt wrapped itself around him like an attacking snake as the defense mechanisms kicked in.

The hover mode and cruise control had been instantly disengaged and the Giadar was already starting to swerve from the impact by the time Mr. Danvers had regained control of the transport to disengage autopilot and deal with whatever thing had just touched the ground completely out of nowhere.

Spoiler! :
The four of them ran through the portal in single file as it was a gateway to a supermarket when they announced a massive sale.

They landed with a thud on battle hardened concrete. They didn’t have too much time to take in their surroundings however as Rose who’d led the charge in collided head first with a man who’d clearly just been about to run through himself. There was a slight domino effect and Terry barely caught himself as he saw Rose tumble to the ground along with what appeared to be six armed men. Harry who was in front of him also stumbled but managed to just about to catch himself.

Then Evelyn appeared behind him and Terry found himself also falling towards the floor, landing at Harry’s feet. He groaned. This heist was already off to a delightful start.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:59 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

I see we're both writing about vastly different afterlifes... >.>

Good luck with NaNo! I'm excited to see how it goes.

4095 Reviews

Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:22 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

xD Yes :D Thank youu!! Good luck to you too!! :D
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

4095 Reviews

Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:55 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Day 3

Daily Word Count

An Anachronistic Aye: 1,384/811
The Sorcerers of Hisderat: 1,753/1,487

An Anachronistic Aye: 21,333
The Sorcerers of Hisderat: 39,878

An Anachronistic Aye: 3,667
The Sorcerers of Hisderat: 81,047

An Anachronistic Aye: 296,333
The Sorcerers of Hisderat: 38,953

This part of the scene was even sadder than yesterday, ahhh...the characters in this story are supposed to die to set the plot in motion, but I still feel horrible killing them...

"We can babysit the snakes later"

Spoiler! :
He let out a heavy sigh and cast the necessarily scanning spell that would spit its results out to The Undead Router, the collection point for information about all deceased souls, old or young, good or bad, mortal or immortal. With that the demon cast his next spell, and with the trio of souls tethered firmly to his hand, the demon took to the sky, vanishing in a flash of invisible ghostly light.

The paramedic felt the unusual chill suddenly move past her once again, only this time the wind seemed to be flowing towards the ocean. She didn’t have too much time to study this however as the ambulance landed with a gentle thump next to her, already turning as the rear door opened and two paramedics jumped out.

With a heavy sigh, she pointed to the three bodies next to her and made her way into the ambulance. Perhaps she should go home early that day.

Spoiler! :
“Right, we just have to continue on this tunnel. We should come to a door, and inside that is the whole sort of command center of this whole thing. Rajsinha should be inside here, but I guess by now they might have been put on alert and we could be running into another trap, but well, we won’t know till we get there,” said Evelyn.

“Sounds reasonable enough,” said Harry.

“It sounds like a terrible idea,” said Rose, “let’s do it.”
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

4095 Reviews

Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:13 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Day 4

Daily Word Count

An Anachronistic Aye: 1,286/790
The Sorcerers of Hisderat: 2,366/1,477

An Anachronistic Aye: 20,047
The Sorcerers of Hisderat: 37,512

An Anachronistic Aye: 4,953
The Sorcerers of Hisderat: 83,413

An Anachronistic Aye: 295,047
The Sorcerers of Hisderat: 36,587

Another day without a quote from that one...

"It’s time that I gave a monologue"

Spoiler! :
Jack himself still stood frozen as he stared at the screen. Code 099 was the stuff of legend among the operators. It was a code that was right at the very end of the operator handbook and to this day, across septillions years of history where the undead router had operated, there had not been a single case of a code 099. It was almost a myth by this point and everyone had taken to assume it was simply meant to be a joke.

And yet, here it was.

Jack took another second before he finally shook himself out of a daze. On the stations on either side of him, Jack could see the other demons also trying to catch a glimpse at what could’ve caused all this chaos out of nowhere, but they both appeared to be trying to keep up with their own notifications and hadn’t seen what was going on. Jack steeled himself. He’d been training all this time to deal with situations like this and as it always was with matters regarding death, speed was always of the essence and he had to burst into action now. The Undead Router was setup in such a way that a massive emergency like this would only tie down one operator who had to assume full responsibility. The others had to deal with far too many things on their own ends to be helping him deal with this one.

Jack quickly grabbed the copy of the operator’s manual from under the desk. It might have been a myth and the procedure was engraved into the minds of pretty much everyone that worked here, but he had to be sure. There were only ninety nine possible codes, with it being a worse emergency with the increasing number. Ninety nine was the absolute worst it could get and Jack couldn’t be relying on memory when he executed the necessary protocols. Everything had to be perfect or a lot of things could go very wrong.

Spoiler! :
“Are you auditioning for stand up comedy?” asked the man, confusion written all across his face, “improvisation is not going to stop those bullets from hitting us and we still have a briefcase to find.”

“Oh I do believe he has simple discovered the hall in the wall,” said Rose, emphasizing the last few words.

Harry smiled to himself. He turned to look at his partner and she winked at him. She’d clearly come to the same conclusion that he had. He smiled back.

“What are you doing?” said Terry.

“If my head wasn’t spinning right now I’d be punching both of you for wasting time, theatrics will not save us here, “said Evelyn, get ready to teleport out, it’s our last resort.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

4095 Reviews

Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:01 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Day 5

Daily Word Count

An Anachronistic Aye: 1,220/771
The Sorcerers of Hisderat: 1,526/1,443

An Anachronistic Aye: 18,827
The Sorcerers of Hisderat: 35,986

An Anachronistic Aye: 6,173
The Sorcerers of Hisderat: 84,939

An Anachronistic Aye: 293,827
The Sorcerers of Hisderat: 35,061

"this protocol will only ever be called into action if you want to play a prank on your demon in charge"

"lead is …just arghhh…"

Spoiler! :
The page was also mostly empty. The title “Code 099” was written in the same bolded capital letters that every title was, but below it was just a single paragraph of instructions.

“In the extremely, extremely unlikely event of a Code 099, which mathematically is almost impossible, so feel free to not commit this to memory, the operator in charge must immediately summon the demon in charge of the section and inform him of the situation. The demons in charge will be able to contact someone that can deal with an emergency on a level like this, although let’s face it, this protocol will only ever be called into action if you want to play a prank on your demon in charge, in which case make sure to make your voice sound as urgent as you possibly can.”

Jack took a second look at the manual wondering if he was somehow reading this wrong. He rubbed his eyes and make sure to check the black and gold cover of the book to double check that this wasn’t a joke copy that had been left here to trick him.

The same paragraph stared back at him. It looked like the impossibility surrounding the situation had led to even the author one of the guide also choosing to turn the whole thing into a joke. He was at a loss. Should he contact the demon in charge of the section? Would he be taken seriously? These questions plagued him as stood there yet again frozen in thought.

Spoiler! :
Go west of the dead,
And look for the stone of lead.
Six feet under the head,
Is where the blood was shed.

Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

4095 Reviews

Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:10 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Day 6

Daily Word Count

An Anachronistic Aye: 1,255/753
The Sorcerers of Hisderat: 1,583/1,439

An Anachronistic Aye: 17,572
The Sorcerers of Hisderat: 34,403

An Anachronistic Aye: 7,428
The Sorcerers of Hisderat: 86,522

An Anachronistic Aye: 292,572
The Sorcerers of Hisderat: 33,478

"I must…I think…I know…I remember what I need to do"

"I suppose you’ll be the one escorting me to the cemetery."

Spoiler! :
“Good Evening, this is Prince Benjamin, can you please state the purpose of your call?” came a deep voice from the other end of the communicator. Even through the communicator there was a certain aura of raw power to that voice which sent a shiver through Jack’s body.

“Your Highness, I am DIC Katalan. There is an emergency at the Undead Router?” said the DIC, doing a rather remarkable job of keeping his voice steady.

There was a pause from the other end of the line and a small sigh.

“Katalan Reulan Sweeny. I’m sure you’re aware that there are other places to call in the event of an emergency at The Undead Router. Please do not waste my time. I don’t appreciate it,” said the Prince. His tone was quite polite but there was just a certain air about that statement that made Jack want to immediately apologize and go hide in a hole.

“So….sorry, Your Highness,” managed Katalan, stumbling over his words a bit but surprisingly still somewhat calm. “I was not being specific. We have a code zero-nine-nine and I believe I’m supposed to be contacting you in the event of something like that.”

There was another dangerous pause on the other end of the line and Jack could hear a word being muttered in a language that Jack didn’t recognize.

“In that case, I apologize for being so dismissive earlier, but please do be more specific in future correspondence. Thank you for your notice. I will be there in fifteen seconds.” With that, the line went dead.

Spoiler! :
“So, has anyone actually been to either of those two cemeteries, teleporting would be nice?” asked Evelyn.

“More times than you’d expect,” said Harry quickly, with a small chuckle. Rose was about to laugh alongside him when she saw Evelyn’s horrified look.

“Do you care so little about the people you lost?” she asked.

“Ohh…umm, its not like that,” said Harry, backpedalling quickly as Rose let out a breath she’d been holding. Evelyn hadn’t caught on to anything that she shouldn’t have and now Harry had put himself on the spot. That she could live with.

“Really?” asked the woman, “I’m not going to inquire further because we really are pressed for time here, but that’s a deplorable habit.”
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

4095 Reviews

Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:09 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Day 7

Daily Word Count

An Anachronistic Aye: 1,319/732
The Sorcerers of Hisderat: 2,158/1,433

An Anachronistic Aye: 16,253
The Sorcerers of Hisderat: 32,245

An Anachronistic Aye: 8,747
The Sorcerers of Hisderat: 88,680

An Anachronistic Aye: 291,253
The Sorcerers of Hisderat: 31,320

She didn’t want to think anymore if her thoughts just weren’t going to make sense.

It was better than wondering aimlessly around a graveyard while ducking behind gravestones at awkward moments.

Spoiler! :
She was floating along something that felt like an unnaturally cold current of air, being pulled by some force that she couldn’t see unable to decide if this was a nightmare or if the pressure she felt around her waist from whatever was pulling her meant she wasn’t in a dream.

After a few moments of trying to pick through the myriad of horrors that hid assaulted her one by one, Susan finally just let go and let her mind wander. She didn’t want to think anymore if her thoughts just weren’t going to make sense. She’d wait, the pain that had been oh so powerful had slowly faded to a very dull throb by now and it was almost gone. She didn’t know if she was safe but there didn’t seem to immediate danger. Susan was going to wait this out and see what happened. Right now she was alone, blind and deaf to the world. There really wasn’t anything she could do besides panic and she’d already done plenty of that.

Spoiler! :
There didn’t appear to more than piles of assorted dust and Terry’s patience was fast running out as he made another sweep out towards the center of the cemetery. The frustration levels were really starting to creep up and after stumbling for the nth time over a pile of granite rubble that had once been a headstone, Terry just slammed the ground in frustration, involuntarily flinging himself towards the wall of the cemetery with a sudden burst of magic.

Terry scrambled to gain control of his unintended flight and end up landing right on top of the wall, balanced precariously on the edge, teetering between the road on his left and the rubble of a gravestone on the right. He put his hands out to steady himself and tried to put a smile on his face to pass it off as if he’d meant to do exactly what he’d just done. Luckily it seemed like everyone was a bit too busy in their own worlds of frustration and he took the opportunity of being on the wall to look out at something that was not a graveyard.

He stopped in his tracks. Right in front of him there was a statue, mounted on a very shiny looking pedestal. He had no idea who the woman was that the statue was made after but the metal of the pedestal caught his eye. The top of the statue was unmistakably bronze, but the bottom. It was a metal that looked like lead. It was impossible to confirm, but it was the only metallic thing that could pass for lead that he’d spotted that day, and he immediately called everyone over, completely forgetting about his current position atop the wall.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
— Steve Martin