z

Young Writers Society

Whitewell Bean

Reviews: 1
Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:12 pm
View Likes
CStar says...

The sun was shining brightly and the elevator made it's presence known with a ding. he stepped out of the elevator, through the lobby and onto the street, where he was basked in sweet, glorious sunlight. Today was going to be a good day.

A few minutes passed as he found himself outside a small coffee shop on the corner of the street. Whitewell Bean. It was a quaint little place and the smell of roasting coffee beans filled the crisp morning air. Then he heard a noise. One of the most beautiful noises he had ever heard. A laugh. Coming from inside the coffee shop. He found himself so intrigued by this beautiful laugh, that he decided to go and investigate. He walked in and took off his scarf that was protecting his neck from the cold.
Searching for his mystery laugh bearer, he scanned the shop until his eyes fell upon the most beautiful eyes he had ever seen.
You could see the smile and the happiness in those pools of blue from a mile away; and there was that laugh again. That must be her he thought to himself.
He wanted so badly to just go up and talk to her; but what would he say? 'Hi I'm Alex, I was walking down the street and heard you laugh, you have beautiful eyes by the way.' No. that was insanely stupid. He can't do that, she would run as far as her legs could take her. No. He would find a more subtle way of meeting her. Properly.

He decided to get himself a coffee and take it from there. Alex grabbed his caramel mocha and made his way over to an empty seat by the window behind the pretty girl. As he sat down he felt the warmth of the on his face. Now might be a good time to take your coat off before you swelter to death he told himself. After he took off his coat he sat still for a moment. Okay, now what?
Step two: Communication. He plucked up the courage and turned around in his seat before lightly tapping the brunette girl on the shoulder. "Excuse me, you don't happen to have the time do you?" Obviously he knew very well what the time was as there was a clock practically staring at him from the other side of the room, but it was all he could think of. "Um, five past eleven" she said as she looked at her watch, meanwhile her smile grew even more. How that was even possible he would never know. Quickly snapping out of his thoughts he returned her smile and simply said, "Thanks".
Thanks? Was he an idiot? Out of all the words on the planet, 'thanks' was all he could muster? Albeit appropriate in this situation, he could have expanded somewhat, like introducing himself or asking if she came here often. He blew it.

"I'm Genna by the way". Her voice was just as soft as her smile. Hold up. The conversation was being continued? Huzzah! After pulling himself out of his thoughts yet again, he held out his hand and said "Alex". Thus resulting in a bond.
Coraggio di essere piĆ¼ forte

I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.
— Leonardo da Vinci