z

Young Writers Society

Manhattan

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:34 pm
killkrusha69 says...

This world is defiantly new to my eyes and mind. It is still hard for me to process that places like these exist on this earth. I’ve seen photographs and read books about these cities but I’d never imagine seeing it in full scale like this.

I am excited and stunned as for the first time my cheeks encounter slight stinging snowy kisses of flakes falling from the clouds. Despite the cold frost here I am delighted that my companion still shines and gives me warmth from the sky no matter where I go. Though my stuffed nose is being deprived of its uses it is still overwhelmed by the smell and taste of burnt fuel.

The nature here is overpopulated with mechanical creatures as they rumble and race through the streets for space to let their masters go. Yet they seem competitive against each other rushing to their destination they do make good companions with their human masters, as it seems they must because they count on and of each other. Yet helpful the mechanical animals seem to cause a lot of annoyances. Their presences fill the streets with the honking and them clashing into one another due to their confidence in speed, but cowered by the howl of sirens of authority here and there. My concentration is broken as a herded swarm of crowds of people pass me by. The human sounds overwhelm all others with cries, shouts, laughter as they try to silence one another.

It is not even sound that dominates the city. Perhaps it is the gigantically, massive, titanic sky scrapers that over shadow all others. The ancient but modern made designs decorate them to look beautiful. My vision of details worsens as the sunset is consumed by the sea.

Night comes, a night that is perhaps more alive than the day. A new bright, colorful, and attractive world is reborn as the moon watches over it. Gleaming screens appear on the towers as people more than ever flood the streets with their presents. This place is alive more than ever for the youth and the adventurous ready to explore the brilliant bright belted streets. The noises amplify with music from cafes, restaurants, and clubs creating pulses of powerful sound through the city making it livelier than it already is. Despite all this I cannot help but to feel bad for the fatigued people trying to grab on to some kind of fabric of peace and rest.

I am glad more than ever to discover a new world far from my home land. My emotions are mixed as I compare my small peaceful village to this frantic city. Yet both of them differ in hundred ways they have one peace in common, they are both beautiful. I wish I would have more time here for I still have many sights to visit, but I must soon leave down south. I will witness more new places before I reach my new destination, my new home.
"I like turtles"

It's funny how humans can wrap their mind around things and fit them into their version of reality.
— Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief