Camp NaNo '23: SSED Revisions

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:54 am
Spearmint says...

Spoiler! :
OMG XD so true tho >.>
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

245 Reviews

Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:53 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

4/25: 11.2

Just read through and fixed some wording... I don't think I'll completely finish revising and writing all the scenes I want to write this month. But maybe I can finish reviewing all the chapters and consider this a first revision??
Didn't write more than a phrase at a time today, so here's a different snippet I liked:

Jasper sighed. "Yeah. I knew this was a long shot, but…" He stared at the space above an empty patch of tiled floor wistfully, as if imagining a portal there.

Sunny stared at the same spot. Maybe if both of them visualized it enough and sent out positive vibes to the universe, one would really materialize.
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

245 Reviews

Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:43 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

4/26: nothing

Ahhh I was packing for a club trip today and lost track of time and spent my remaining time on NaPo, so no Camp NaNo today... But it's okay! Trust! I have 4 days left! ^^' >.>
mint, she/her

=D

245 Reviews

Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:22 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

4/27: 12.15

Okay, so I’m reworking the climax a bit! Jasper gets angry at Sunny for impulsively getting rid of the error beings… Which is honestly more realistic, because they were his assistant chefs and all. Plus, I do think Sunny needs some humbling, lol. We’ll see where we go from there ;)

“Remember what we said about both having things to work on?” Jasper crossed his arms. “Maybe start by not assuming things and destroying my assistants.”
mint, she/her

=D

245 Reviews

Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:51 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

4/28: oops

Whoops, spent too much time on NaPo today... Two days left!
mint, she/her

=D

245 Reviews

Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:22 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

4/29: asdjfk

Had an awards ceremony for a club today that went on for a super long time. Guess I have a lot to do tomorrow >.>
mint, she/her

=D

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Mon May 01, 2023 11:01 am
View Likes
Liminality says...

Ooh I like the idea of Jasper having that little conflict with Sunny (especially having read some chapters of the sequel hehe) - it ties things together with both their character arcs!
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

1487 Reviews

Reviews: 1487
Tue May 02, 2023 8:37 am
View Likes
IcyFlame says...

I think I really like Jasper xD Congrats on making it through!!

245 Reviews

Thu May 04, 2023 6:01 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Thanks so much, @lim and @IcyFlame!! ^-^
mint, she/her

=D

245 Reviews

Thu May 04, 2023 6:03 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Omg no, my brain XP @Liminality
mint, she/her

=D

245 Reviews

Thu May 04, 2023 6:19 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

SO I've been rather scatterbrained lately and didn't end up completing my goal of revising the novel, but I have excuses. (Namely, traveling, an FBLA conference, and AP exams...) >.> Yeah. Um. Anyways. Reflections! :]

1. Did you meet your month's goal?
Nope, but I think I came pretty close! Definitely closer than I've ever gotten to completing a Camp NaNo. I managed to look over most of my novel and identify areas where I need to write more scenes, so I think it was a good start to a first revision.
2. Did you manage to write every day?
No... :') I did manage to write the majority of days, though, so I'll count that as a win.
3. Which was your favourite scene to write?
I think my two major scenes this month were Sunny trying to debug the extraneous code and her and Jasper arguing at the end. Neither of them are completed as of now, but I'm hopeful about how they'll add to the story!
4. Who was the most difficult character to write?
Sunny, I think. Mainly because she needs more character development. Like, I've hinted at this problem of her seeing things in a rigid way and being obsessed with being a hero, but she needs to grow through this novel, and I need to figure out how to incorporate that.
5. What would you do differently next NaNo?
I would definitely give more priority to NaNo. This year, I was distracted with NaPo and a whole bunch of other stuff, and I ended up giving priority to those things instead. But in November, I'll try to do PlanMo and dedicate more time to NaNo! Maybe it'll be my first completed one. =D
mint, she/her

=D

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
— Albus Dumbledore