Young Writers Society

Camp Nano '23: The Last Conqueror

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:27 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

I! Think! I! Might! Have! Finished! A! Chapter!!!!!!!

It ends on a horrible cliffhanger (AND THEN HE FAINTED) but STILL.

I need to read through it, make sure it's coherent, and then SEND it to my niece so she can appreciate the disaster that is that chapter. (OMG, SUCH A DISASTER.)

Currently at 19,222 words for the month...
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:26 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

OKAY. So... bad news! I threw out my hip. (Boooooo!)

GOOD NEWS. Writing!

So, like I said, I finished a chapter yesterday, but I still had to revise it. After revising it last night, I added a little bit more and hit the 20K mark for Camp Nano. Then! Today, I wrote 2000 words. Considering that I wrote most of these words on my phone with my feet up (because PAAAAAAAAIN) and I write slower on my phone, this is doing pretty excellently! So! I have written 22k words for this month so far! Which is 3k less than I wanted to write by this time, but STILL. Lots of writing!

As far as what I wrote... OMG I FEEL SO BAD FOR MY CHARACTERS. WHY ARE THEY IN SUCH A SUCKY NO-WIN SITUATION AHHHHHHH.

(I know, I know, it's all my fault... gah, why am I such a monster??)

I just started... chapter 13? We are heading toward the climax here and they are about to step to the point of no return and they KNOW they're about to step into the point of no return and things are already looking pretty grim at the moment. And the antagonist hasn't even shown up for the climax yet! (My niece is DREADING the antagonist showing up again since she knows there's going to be a showdown and it's not going to be pretty.)

Going quote some book 2 excerpt because we NEED positivity here...

Spoiler! :
“This is not the end,” he promised in a shaky voice. “All of this destruction is not the end! It only seems that way right now since everything is broken, but it won’t be that way forever. Things can be restored. Look at me! You thought that I had left you forever, but I came back for you, didn’t I? Put your trust in me! All that is broken will be restored.”

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

243 Reviews

Reviews: 243
Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:02 am
Spearmint says...

Spoiler! :
D= yikes! I hope you get better soon, Snoink <3
but also, YAY WRITING!! =D Great job on 22k words!! And oh no >.> haven't Solea and Adelore and the rest suffered enough yet?? xD But I trust that you'll get them to the other side... Book 3 taught me that even when everything seems lost, there is a way... So there is hope! Good luck with the final stretch of Camp NaNo! ^-^
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:41 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

Spoiler! :

Solea is actually doing all right!!! So try not to worry about her too much, haha. And Adelore is... well, he's always in some sort of mess, isn't he? I think Alonso once dismissed Adelore as a walking disaster -- WHICH IS ABSOLUTELY TRUE. But like, considering everything, he's doing pretty good... I guess... maybe... XD But like, I'm not too worried about him, all things considered.

BUT SOME OF THE OTHER CHARACTERS. ;.;

Anyway, I can officially put weight on my leg now, so we're in business again! :)

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:25 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

Okay, I have yet to add the word count since my last update... BUT. I was thinking, "The stakes are really high right now... it feels like we're near the climax. Are we near the climax?"

And... YES WE ARE.

We are here...

received_784631993231308.jpeg

I might split a chapter or two... not sure. BUT. After this chapter, we'll be entering into the climax.

I just... wow.

I am so close.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:26 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

Ending the night with 24K words written this month!

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:18 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

Okay, I wrote A LOT yesterday but I forgot to record it, so we are starting the day with 26,221 words.

We (by we, I mean my characters and I... which now that I think about it sounds a little crazy, but OH WELL) are about to enter into the climax. The stakes are even higher than they were, which is saying a lot because like... at the beginning of the book, it feels pretty intense. And the intensity has become even more so!

For the climax, they are going to try to do something insanely risky that they are not sure if they can do, but they are going to try, darn it. Honestly, it has the same sort of vibes as Frodo trying to put the ring in Mt. Doom at this point.

Anyway, an out of context quote that amused me...

"Then we shall get ready tonight and leave tomorrow!" he declared. "What should I do to help?"

"Nothing," she said dryly. "You should rest and let the uninjured people do the work."

He frowned. "But—"

STOP TRYING TO BE SO DARN HELPFUL. YOU DON'T NEED TO DO EVERYTHING. JUST TAKE SOME TIME TO HEAL.

Anyway, the goal for the day is to write a travel sequence. WISH ME LUCK.

243 Reviews

Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:54 pm
Spearmint says...

Spoiler! :
LOL. Is that Adelore? xD Also, GOOD LUCK!! =D
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:31 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

Spoiler! :
It is not Adelore! It is someone else, but I think that he and Adelore could become friends, if they met!

OKAY. SO. I wrote like a MAD WOMAN yesterday and this morning and my wordcount for the entire month is (WAIT FOR IT) currently 28,849 words(!!!) And I think I can write 1151 more words today?? Which would meet my stated April goal of 30,000 words, which would be EPIC.

It's a rainy day also, so it's an extra lazy day. Perfect for writing!

Things are starting to move quickly in the story. The last scene sets up for the climax scene -- the point of no return! Right now, we're setting up for the last scene, so things are getting REAL here and there is lots of juicy conflict going on.

...okay, so I went to look for some juicy tidbits and ended up writing about a hundred words just now, so I should probably shut up and just write. XD

(BUT IT'S SO GOOD.)

1485 Reviews

Reviews: 1485
Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:40 pm
View Likes
IcyFlame says...

Ooh super exciting that you're heading into the climax! You're smashing through this one!

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Mon May 01, 2023 4:01 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

I WROTE 30K WORDS WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Mon May 01, 2023 10:56 am
View Likes
Liminality says...

Yayy! Big congrats on completing Camp NaNo and achieving your goal!
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Mon May 01, 2023 12:34 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

You did great!!
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142

243 Reviews

Sat May 06, 2023 6:45 pm
Spearmint says...

YAYAYYYYY!! Great job this month, Snoink!!! Extra special congrats for completing both Camp NaNo and NaPo! =O =D
mint, she/her

=D

Lily you are my fig father
— Elliebanana