Event 5: YWS Scavenger Hunt

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:58 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

^ poster by @Liminality

The YWS Scavenger Hunt

Summary: A classic YWS Olympics event is the YWS Scavenger Hunt! Traditionally this event has been ran by the wonderful @Rydia and @Meshugenah, and inspired by their previous contests I've crafted a series of questions for you this year! Search the site and find the answers to these different trivia questions and see how many points you can earn! Be sure to read the rules so you are not disqualified.

Judge: alliyah

Ground Rules:
1. Absolutely no bumping or liking of topics that may be relevant until after the contest is over. If such a topic is found, the posts will be deleted, and the bumper disqualified.
2. You may beg, borrow, or steal, but you may not bully, bribe, or otherwise harass anyone into helping you complete this.
3. You may use any means necessary available to you, but may not do anything illegal - i.e. try to hack into the super duper secret no one knows about it mod castle secret base where we keep all the good chocolate (hint: it’s definitely not on Mars, nor has it ever been).
4. You may not collaborate with other users to find answers - this means you can not work on the scavenger hunt in a public pad or write-in.
5. Do not post your answers in this thread.

How to Enter:
Please send all answers to alliyah in a PM and then post in this thread saying that you entered! Do not post answers in this thread! Please let me know your Team Name too.

Ends:
Please note this event goes for 2 days rather than 1 - so the event officially ends

Questions:
If you have questions about how the scavenger hunt works you can post in the discussion thread.

Best of luck!
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

1227 Reviews

Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:00 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

Scavenger Hunt Questions

Easy(all worth 1 point)
If you’ve been with us a few months then you probably know some of these and even if you’ve just joined, they’re not buried too deep!

1. On what exact date was YWS officially created?
2. Who are the newest editions to the mod team?
3. What is the third option in "Monkeys vs Dragons" Mascot Wars?
4. Which of these is the ultimate color? color 1, color 2, color 3.
5. Which tab on the homepage was most recently renamed?
6. How many reviews do you need to write to have 5 red Review Stars?
7. What critter was part of @SantaYWS's army during the RP-Month tagbook?
8. How many Green Room reviews do you need to log to become a Knight of the Green Room?
9. What was the Green Room called during the Among Us themed Review Day?
10. When was the Green Room created?

Know Your YWS Friends(all worth 2 points)
Somewhere in the back of your head is the answer to at least one of these questions but don’t pull your brain out trying to find it - search YWS instead.

1. Who was the last user to earn a KotGR Unicorn? (bonus point for Unicorn's name)
2. Someone stole a potato belonging to @starlitmind in November of 2020, which month / year was it finally returned?
3. Which moderating crew did @BluesClues begin on?
4. Who won "Best Avatar" in 2014 for the YWS Best Awards?
5. Who are the current editors of the YWS Newsletter?
6. Please list three fruits used in Carina's avatars in 2021.
7. How many likes does the legendary Egg Post have today?
8. In the Unofficial YoungWriters-Ville Map which street does @looseleaf live on?
9. In 2020, YWSers gathered together for a group picture put together by @Arcticus and @trashykawa - how many users were in the final picture?
10. Who wrote the first review of the June 2013 review day?

Check the Archives(all worth 3 points)
These are getting harder and if you can answer any without looking it up, you deserve some free candy but we don’t have free candy so have a pat on the back instead!

1. How many members did YWS gain in its first week of existence?
2. Who was the first user to post the "classified" hashtag? (bonus point for date)
3. For YWS Social Week this year, what was the poetry task for Day 2?
4. In the Best and Most awards for 2020, what was voted Best Story?
5. What was the 6th work chosen for Volume 1 of the KotGR Library Collection?
6. How many users have won the overall Gold Prize in the YWS Olympics throughout the years?
7. Which team won the historic YWS Faction War of 2017? (bonus point: what color did they choose for their username prize?)
8. How many users wrote more than 50 reviews during RevMo 2020 and what color username did they earn?
9. Which year did December have two Review Days?
10. What word did the first "Change One Letter" randomosity thread start with?

Fiendish and a little bit crazy (all worth 4 points)
These questions are a little bit more challenging, but you should be able to find them on YWS if you search enough!

1. If you type this word and post it alone as your status your screen will turn different hues.
2. How many more reviews were written in 2020 than in 2019?
3. What color usernames did the instructors and mentors have?
4. What is significant about September 4, 2020 regarding YWS?
5. What was @ReviewBuddy accused of doing December 2018?

Unclassified section (all worth 5 points)
These answers have been unclassified on YWS, but they might be tricky to find, good luck!

1. What was the secret message revealed at the end of the November 2020 Unclassified Scavenger Hunt?
2. According to Unclassified, what date did YWS go offline and what caused this site outage?
3. The week that alliyah wrote her first Squills article, what did @JustPerks write about?
4. Name every user with an avatar drawn by alliyah at the moment.
5. What is alliyah's favorite type of bird and why?
Bonus Question: List all the current active mods in order of when they became a moderator.

1227 Reviews

Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:08 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

We received 9 entries for the Scavenger Hunt! You're all good investigators! :) I'll be calculating up the score and letting folks know who won hopefully tomorrow evening!

Thank you to all who participated! :)

I feel like it will be absolute hotdog water, but oh well. It's just a draft.
— Charm