Young Writers Society

Event 3: Somonka (Tanka Pairs) RESULTS

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:30 am
View Likes
Liminality says...

Hello everyone!

First of all, thank you so much for submitting to this event and experimenting with something that is completely new to a lot of us! I hope trying out the somonka form was fun. A round of applause for everyone who submitted in this event!

@InuYosha @Elinor @Plume @ForeverYoung299 @rida @Valkyria @Que @chikara @FireEyes @LizzyTyler @whatchamacallit @Rodionandaxe @alliyah @MomoMajesty @kattee @looseleaf @niteowl

Before I announce the winners, I'll take a page from @SpiritedWolfe's book and mention some somonka floating around the site that you should also read if you have the time~

@AlmostImmortal's Olympic Somonka: The Mirror
@Rodionandaxe's poem

And now for our winners~ Click on the ^ sign to read their somonka. Do also check out the whole event thread for this one, where you'll find 17 terrific somonka!

Congrats everyone and thanks again for submitting!
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:31 am
View Likes
Rodionandaxe says...

Congrats y'all :) and thanks for the event Lim. It was my first time writing a tanka ( or a samonka) but i had fun.
"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened. " - by Dr Seuss

455 Reviews

Reviews: 455
Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:54 am
View Likes
Hijinks says...

Aah so exciting! Congrats @alliyah and @kattee! You both wrote fabulous somonkas :D
When you're faced with something you don't understand, I think the most natural thing but also least interesting thing you can be is afraid.

-- Hank Green

they/them
(previously whatchamacallit and Seirre)

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:50 pm
View Likes
kattee says...

OH wow yay!! Congratulations to everyone who participated as well! You did a fantastic job <3 <3 I loved reading your works!
If you want some sweet reviews to your poems, short stories, and essays, come by Katteelogue.

Have a lovely day❤️

On some days, my will to write disappears faster than a donut at a police station.
— Arcticus